Help Needed - Baratza Sette 270 Wi - Numbers Not Aligning!

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
mariog7

#1: Post by mariog7 »

Hello.

I removed the burr assembly to clean out the grinder, and now after fumbling for 2 hours, I can't get it back! The vertical line for coarse reads 22 at the finest (fully closed) and when I rotate to the left, fully coarse is at the back of the machine. I tried a million times for hours and I'm going nuts.

Any ideas, please? Thanks.

GregoryJ

#2: Post by GregoryJ »

When you align the blue mark on adjustment ring with the blue mark on the grinder body, you have to push up with a decent amount of force. If that doesn't help, maybe you can post a video of what you're seeing.

Advertisement
mariog7 (original poster)

#3: Post by mariog7 (original poster) »

[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4ADsZsYaEI[/youtube]
Here's the video. You can see the finest setting around 20 :-(

Thanks.

Nunas
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by Nunas »

Remove the assembly and look closely at the burrs carrier. I'd bet good money that it isn't fully pressed down into the adjustment assembly. When snapping the burrs carrier into the assembly, if it isn't pressed down hard enough, only one side presses into place with a snap. We hear the snap and assume the whole thing went in, whereas only one side has and the burrs carrier is sitting at a bit of an angle. Don't ask me how I know this or how I spent hours trying to figure it out :wink:

GregoryJ

#5: Post by GregoryJ »

Yes I agree with Nunas. Just the fact that you can put it in with only one hand tells me you're probably not putting enough upward pressure to fully engage it. You will probably have to brace the grinder with one hand while you push up and turn in the adjustment ring with the other hand.

mariog7 (original poster)

#6: Post by mariog7 (original poster) »

Figured it out!
Thanks for all your input!

GregoryJ

#7: Post by GregoryJ »

Interesting, I have not gotten coffee grounds anywhere that I couldn't access with the grinder fully assembled. Glad you got it back together!

Advertisement
yoshiod9

#8: Post by yoshiod9 »

mariog7 wrote:Figured it out! It actually was engaging correctly, but it stopped at 20 because there was caked up grinds not allowing the burr to reach the upward position. I had to open up the entire machine to get inside and clean it out. What a horrible design! The black plastic collar could not move up all the way because grinds were all the way up top where I couldn't reach from the bottom. Now, I can get all the way to the 1 position.

Thanks for all your input!
When cleaning my 270, I'll brush it out and then use the suction hose from my vacuum to ensure I get every last loose ground possible. If you have a vacuum with decent suction, just plug one side of the burr with your hand and put the hose on the other side. Works great!