Help me design and build a spout! - Page 4

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
sprin001

#31: Post by sprin001 » Aug 23, 2017, 9:06 pm

sprin001 wrote:Okie dokie. I'm going to do my best to describe the measurements. All in inches

Screw shaft diameter - 1/8
Screw head - between 1/4 and 5/16
From top to screw hole (top of screw hole) - 1 & 1/16
From screw hole side to side
*straight across - 2 & 5/8 (on center hole)
*curved across - 2 & 3/4

The opening for lower portion of the grind chute is 1 & 1/2 wide by 1 & 1/16 tall. The distance from the top to the actual chute opening is 3/4 but there is the space seen in the pictures that is the same in width, i'm unsure of the purpose of that space.

I hope those are helpful. I measured everything twice but I'm happy to repeat them, just let me know.

maximoe

#32: Post by maximoe » Aug 24, 2017, 1:47 am

sprin001 wrote:Okie dokie. I'm going to do my best to describe the measurements. All in inches

Screw shaft diameter - 1/8
Screw head - between 1/4 and 5/16
From top to screw hole (top of screw hole) - 1 & 1/16
From screw hole side to side
*straight across - 2 & 5/8
*curved across - 2 & 3/4

The opening for lower portion of the grind chute is 1 & 1/2 wife by 1 & 1/16 tall. The distance from the top to the actual chute opening is 3/4 but there is the space seen in the pictures that is the same in width, in unsure of the purpose of that space.

I hope those are helpful. I measured everything twice but I'm happy to repeat them, just let me know.
Awesome. Will get it sorted with that. Please double check the diameter of the doser.

ejs

#33: Post by ejs » Aug 18, 2018, 11:17 am

OK who has updates on their projects? :D :D :D

ejs

#34: Post by ejs » Aug 18, 2018, 12:01 pm

walt_in_hawaii

#35: Post by walt_in_hawaii » Aug 18, 2018, 10:19 pm

My Mazzer SJ has a spout I pounded together with a hammer and a few blocks of scrap wood. The metal was cut from a drink shaker that I got at Target... the 'shaken not stirred' type of shaker, I think I paid $12 or thereabouts. I glued the chute to the faceplate and the faceplate screws into the Super Jolly. I just used a piece of thin cardboard, I think it was a junkmail flyer, to initially draw out and fold to test fit the first chute, which is very close to the final product.

ejs

#36: Post by ejs » Aug 25, 2018, 6:57 pm

Here it is!
Works, but is a bit messy.

walt_in_hawaii

#37: Post by walt_in_hawaii » Aug 27, 2018, 12:02 pm

Is that plastic? do the grounds stick to it a lot? where are all the grounds on the top of the machine coming from?

ejs

#38: Post by ejs » replying to walt_in_hawaii » Sep 04, 2018, 9:19 pm

Yes & Yes. Whole inside of the funnel was covered in grounds, not a lot came out until I used a little brush and of course grounds went everywhere.
This was not a success.

BildoMcBaggins

#39: Post by BildoMcBaggins » Sep 05, 2018, 7:16 pm

Has anyone had any luck with a solution? Just picked one of these up today.

BildoMcBaggins

#40: Post by BildoMcBaggins » Sep 05, 2018, 8:09 pm

Anyone have any thoughts on using a funnel like this and attaching it to the bottom of the clear portion of the doser?

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Steel- ... B07FP244QX