Help me design and build a spout! - Page 4

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
sprin001

Postby sprin001 » Aug 23, 2017, 9:06 pm

sprin001 wrote:Okie dokie. I'm going to do my best to describe the measurements. All in inches

Screw shaft diameter - 1/8
Screw head - between 1/4 and 5/16
From top to screw hole (top of screw hole) - 1 & 1/16
From screw hole side to side
*straight across - 2 & 5/8 (on center hole)
*curved across - 2 & 3/4

The opening for lower portion of the grind chute is 1 & 1/2 wide by 1 & 1/16 tall. The distance from the top to the actual chute opening is 3/4 but there is the space seen in the pictures that is the same in width, i'm unsure of the purpose of that space.

I hope those are helpful. I measured everything twice but I'm happy to repeat them, just let me know.

maximoe

Postby maximoe » Aug 24, 2017, 1:47 am

sprin001 wrote:Okie dokie. I'm going to do my best to describe the measurements. All in inches

Screw shaft diameter - 1/8
Screw head - between 1/4 and 5/16
From top to screw hole (top of screw hole) - 1 & 1/16
From screw hole side to side
*straight across - 2 & 5/8
*curved across - 2 & 3/4

The opening for lower portion of the grind chute is 1 & 1/2 wife by 1 & 1/16 tall. The distance from the top to the actual chute opening is 3/4 but there is the space seen in the pictures that is the same in width, in unsure of the purpose of that space.

I hope those are helpful. I measured everything twice but I'm happy to repeat them, just let me know.

Awesome. Will get it sorted with that. Please double check the diameter of the doser.

ejs

Postby ejs » Aug 18, 2018, 11:17 am

OK who has updates on their projects? :D :D :D

ejs

Postby ejs » Aug 18, 2018, 12:01 pm

walt_in_hawaii

Postby walt_in_hawaii » Aug 18, 2018, 10:19 pm

My Mazzer SJ has a spout I pounded together with a hammer and a few blocks of scrap wood. The metal was cut from a drink shaker that I got at Target... the 'shaken not stirred' type of shaker, I think I paid $12 or thereabouts. I glued the chute to the faceplate and the faceplate screws into the Super Jolly. I just used a piece of thin cardboard, I think it was a junkmail flyer, to initially draw out and fold to test fit the first chute, which is very close to the final product.

ejs

Postby ejs » Aug 25, 2018, 6:57 pm

Here it is!
Works, but is a bit messy.

walt_in_hawaii

Postby walt_in_hawaii » Aug 27, 2018, 12:02 pm

Is that plastic? do the grounds stick to it a lot? where are all the grounds on the top of the machine coming from?

ejs

Postby ejs » replying to walt_in_hawaii » Sep 04, 2018, 9:19 pm

Yes & Yes. Whole inside of the funnel was covered in grounds, not a lot came out until I used a little brush and of course grounds went everywhere.
This was not a success.

BildoMcBaggins

Postby BildoMcBaggins » Sep 05, 2018, 7:16 pm

Has anyone had any luck with a solution? Just picked one of these up today.

BildoMcBaggins

Postby BildoMcBaggins » Sep 05, 2018, 8:09 pm

Anyone have any thoughts on using a funnel like this and attaching it to the bottom of the clear portion of the doser?

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Steel- ... B07FP244QX