Helor Stance Motor update - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
isabelo

#11: Post by isabelo »

rimblas wrote:Oh man, that's a huge bummer. I was on the October delivery, so I wonder if that deadline is also affected.

I've been wondering about being able to convert it back to manual. That would be pretty useful.
Yes, the parts to operate the Stance manually is available and can be ordered separately. It was not factored in with the Stance Motor and will have an additional cost.

JohnW

#12: Post by JohnW »

I contacted Option-O today about converting the Stance Motor to manual usage (if needed during possible power outages - just got through a hurricane) and for news about a ship date. Here is their response, which includes some additional information regarding the "manual kit":

"Yes, the Stance Motor can still be made to work as a manual grinder. There are a couple parts (legs, crank, and coupling etc) that is required and those can be supplied as a separate kit if required. The reversion process is fairly easy, taking less than 10 minutes once you're familiar with the process.

Unfortunately, we did not factor in these parts and assumed that once most people have used the motorised version, there is very little incentive for them to go back to manual operation. The 'manual kit' will be available for $125+shipping and can be purchased separately upon request.

We have built most of the Stance Motors and checked the critical parts (all the shipping units look great). However, we are unfortunately being hold up by the minor delay from some smaller parts (WDT). Once these are sorted (looking at next week) then they can be shipped. Due to the delay, we are looking into shipping directly to customers using express service to reduce the delivery time.

We will be sending an email later this evening to our pre-order customers regarding this, as well as to provide the digital user manual for your perusal while getting ready to receive the grinder."

I sure have been pleased and impressed with their quick and thorough responses to my questions.

-John

ALfromtheLAND

#13: Post by ALfromtheLAND »

Well that's good news to see they can shave a few days off with shipping directly.
I already bought another espresso machine waiting for this...

speedplay

#14: Post by speedplay »

I hope we don't end up having to pay duties and taxes. I remember reading that Option-O said that one of the benefits of the way they were going to ship* before was that duties and taxes for US buyers were going to be avoided.

*They were going to ship all the US grinders to a warehouse location in the States and then ship them out to each buyer from there.

cafemolino

#15: Post by cafemolino »

Hope also what thy said for Europe the same no VAT and Duty.

speedplay

#16: Post by speedplay »

Last info I got from Option-O stated:
"We are still confirming the detail with our courier and to check if there's an option to have the tax prepaid. Either way, we understand your concern about tax and will pick the best option to ensure no tax on your end."

So hopefully there will be no surprises at delivery.

And they should be getting close to delivering these grinders to us, hopefully by the end of this month.

cafemolino

#17: Post by cafemolino »

any news about delivery?

that is the disadvantage of 100% prepaying ......and if not on time they pay back 100%?

speedplay

#18: Post by speedplay »

They are still waiting for parts to come in.
The advantage of pre-ordering is that we saved a little money.....the new price for the Helor Stance Motor is now $1975 + shipping.

ttttt91

#19: Post by ttttt91 »

Last info I have from them is from 9/16 where they state that they hope to get some minor parts fixed by a third party by this week. So if we are lucky, first shipments could go out this week, but I dont hold my breath....

I guess some - me included- are like kids waiting for xmas and are hopelessly inpatient...bottom line, the grinder comes soon.... ;-)

rimblas (original poster)

#20: Post by rimblas (original poster) replying to ttttt91 »

I'm definitely in the impatient little kid category. :lol: