Helor Flux (Helor 106): A review after 6 months of ownership. - Page 9

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
BodieZoffa

#81: Post by BodieZoffa »

cuongdinh wrote::). What brand of oil are you using?

I tried the shielded faces facing out as you mentioned for couple days. And there seems to be more friction turning the handle. Just switched back to the shielded faces facing each other and it turns noticeably more smoothly. I probably keep them that way then and deal with the consequences later. The bearings seem to be standard and easy to find.
My personal favorite is a synthetic called TSI 321 as I have a decent amount of it and use it on various things at home. Any lower viscosity bearing oil should be fine, but I like using that as it bonds to surfaces to give a great smooth action, protects for quite some time and has no smell.

cuongdinh

#82: Post by cuongdinh »

Thanks! Getting the same oil to use on my grinder.

cuongdinh

#83: Post by cuongdinh »

Anyone knows the thread step of the Flux grind size adjustment (i.e. distance that inner burr moves along the shaft after one evolution or 360 degree turn of the adjustment nut)? Thanks.

cuongdinh

#84: Post by cuongdinh »

In case someone else has the same question, I measured the thread step, and it looks about .5mm. There are 60 markings per evolution, making it roughly 8 microns per marking. Use this to translate between Ultra (5 microns / marking) and the Flux.

pandoobus

#85: Post by pandoobus »

This may be difficult to quantify, but how much force are you all using to turn the handle? Maybe rotations per second might be more useful?
"The best is the enemy of the good"