Grinder review. What would you like to know?

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
tompoland

#1: Post by tompoland »

Hi all, I have a grinder that I reckon is rather good. Possibly the best value high-end grinder on the market.

I'm so impressed with it that I want to do a review on it. I don't want to say what the make and model is at this point but rather I'd love to know what you would like to see in a review.

Context: I only drink espresso so I won't be commenting on the grinder's application for brew. Also I'll pull all the shots on the Decent because I can get the most consistency to compare shots, as opposed to the Strietman (manual lever).

A video of the work flow and actual grinding plus subsequent shot pulled from an espresso machine would be a solid start.

But what else would you like to read about?

For example, impressions of flavor with a light, medium and dark espressos?

Or the history of the grinder.

Would you like to see a manufacturers "right of reply" type response included?

Photos of the unboxing?

What would pique your interest? An what has been missing from other reviews that has frustrated you or what's annoyed you about what was included.

All ideas, formats, feedback, requests gratefully accepted!

Disclaimer: I have no commercial interest in the grinder. I'm not being paid for the review, I am not an "influencer". I have no incentive for posting a review other than to give back to the coffee community.
A little obsessed.

Jjsaustin

#2: Post by Jjsaustin »

So why don't you just say the name of the grinder....?

Tjyven

#3: Post by Tjyven »

I would say flavour, body, texture, retention, how it manages different roasts.

HB
Admin

#4: Post by HB »

tompoland wrote:What would pique your interest? An what has been missing from other reviews that has frustrated you or what's annoyed you about what was included.
Blind taste tests against well-known grinders. A tester's "impressions" can be interesting, but there's a risk of confirmation bias.
Dan Kehn

mctrials23

#5: Post by mctrials23 »

I would like to know the name of the grinder mainly :wink:

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#6: Post by pizzaman383 »

Information about the reviewer's espresso background, preferences, and values.
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

Giampiero

#7: Post by Giampiero »

I can tell you what annoys me...any sort of unboxing.

Jeff
Team HB

#8: Post by Jeff »

If there isn't meaningful blind tasting against well-known grinders, including an explanation of the tasters' preferences, there are already scores of videos and reviews out on what I believe your mystery grinder is. Triangle tests are preferred as they help establish if a difference can be reasonably determined by the testers. (A two-way test presupposes that there is a reliably discernible difference.)

salvia

#9: Post by salvia »

If it's a review of the Hedone Honne then a comparison to the VersaLab M4 would be nice; a three way comparison with the Hedone Honne, VersaLab M4, and Titus 68mm hybrid would be even better. All three of these grinders use the same basic design as the original VersaLab-at rather different price points, so I think it would be useful to have a direct comparison between them.
If you don't have access to either of these grinders, we'll have to settle for comparisons with your Weber Workshops EG-1, Milwani Livi, Kinu M47, and Niche Zero.

seanlam1234

#10: Post by seanlam1234 »

tompoland wrote:Hi all, I have a grinder that I reckon is rather good. Possibly the best value high-end grinder on the market.
i would love to know how is it compare with same type of burr.
like mc4 vs key vs niche zero
like eg1 vs p100 vs max
like versalab vs Hedone Honne vs Titus