Grinder identification

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
InternationalOrange

#1: Post by InternationalOrange »

I just picked up this old grinder, which I think looks rather like a Mazzer. However, there's no badge or other identifying marks. Anyone have an idea what it could be? I haven't been able to look at the burrs yet, there are a few years of stale grounds and coffee oils in the threads..

InternationalOrange (original poster)

#2: Post by InternationalOrange (original poster) »

Having done some additional research based on the part number of the switch, I think it is a '70s era Mazzer Jolly. But if anyone has additional thoughts, I'd love to hear them.

DiminishedSeventh

#3: Post by DiminishedSeventh »

You could try getting in touch with Mazzer with a pic and see if they are any help? I doubt they have company historians like some other manufacturers, but it's worth a shot!

Bluecold

#4: Post by Bluecold »

LMWDP #232
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death I Shall Fear No Evil For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."
★ Helpful

#5: Post by InternationalOrange (original poster) »

Oh, snap! Yes, the Moccaclub looks just like the one I have, and it would make sense that the sticker or badge came off in the intervening years. Thank you for your help.

kray

#6: Post by kray »

No question. Moccaclub.

Bluecold

#7: Post by Bluecold »

Please, carefully read the threads. It's decidedly not a Moccaclub. The Moccaclub is a rebranded Anfim Best. Apparently Olympia also rebranded this Fiorenzato grinder model. The name of the Fiorenzato version is as of yet unknown, and neither is the name of the Olympia version.
Here another thread on the olympia version, but even the badge is nameless...
https://www.kaffee-netz.de/threads/olym ... er.125491/
LMWDP #232
"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death I Shall Fear No Evil For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."

#8: Post by InternationalOrange (original poster) »

Ah, yes, now I understand. I'll look in to Fiorenzato, and will see if there are any interesting identifying marks once I get the grinder cleaned up. But I'm going to persist in describing this as a Olympia, if only because I may have a better shot at getting my wife to co-sign a vintage Cremina if we already have a "matching" grinder.

Thanks very much for your insights, I appreciate it.