Grinder covers for single dosing

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
gr2020

#1: Post by gr2020 »

In the latest installment of the grass always being greener, I'm single dosing again. So now, with no hopper on top of the grinder, it needs a cover of some sort. Both for just sitting there, but also as a cover when grinding. I've just been using a tamper, or some other random kitchen item for the moment.

I like the wood caps that the Monoliths are coming with, and I sent a note over to Dave (from the custom wood thread) about maybe making a custom one for my F4.

What are you guys using for a cover for your single-dose grinder throats? I'm wondering if there's some super cheap and creative idea that I just haven't thought of yet...

idrinkjetfuel

#2: Post by idrinkjetfuel »

How about the glass cover for the Chemex, but invert it? It's 3" in diameter.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by JohnB. »

A 58mm tamper fits perfectly into the top of the OE Mini Hopper on my K10.
LMWDP 267

gr2020 (original poster)

#4: Post by gr2020 (original poster) »

Thanks guys. I'm also just using a tamper now...maybe if I had a nicer looking tamper I'd like that setup better. :)

emradguy
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by emradguy »

MACAP M4: this is my decaf grinder. I use an old lid from a Villux mustard crock. It fits perfectly. (and it's damn good mustard too!)

Mazzer Major: my main grinder. I have the newer version where the hopper is permanently attached to a black collar, which also has a tab in the back that inserts into the safety switch. No tab=no power. I used a hacksaw to remove the hopper right at the top of the collar. I drop a dose in the throat, then close off the bean stop, then if I need another shot, the next dose can sit on top of the bean stop in the collar waiting to go. Open bean stop, it drops on in. (Photo below)

LMWDP #748

turtle

#6: Post by turtle »

Started off by using a mason jar lid.

I've stuck with that.

I did get a machined funnel insert from a H-B member in Europe that presents a V shaped throat into the burrs.

Mick - Drinking in life one cup at a time
I'd rather be roasting coffee