Got My Niche Zero in and apparently have no idea what I'm doing - Page 4

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
kidloco

#31: Post by kidloco »

Has this started?

iploya

#32: Post by iploya »

I don't know if it's true, but I use the term "calibrate" very loosely and would not take it on faith that it comes out of the box "calibrated." From what I understand calibration in this context really just amounts to a black plastic ring being in a certain position at the point of burrs touching. All that is required to move the ring is the slightest bit of deliberate or inadvertent handling of the black ring. I wouldn't take on faith that it is in the right position coming out of the box, even if it is their practice to ship it in that position.

iploya

#33: Post by iploya »

Chalky wrote:Cool free upgrade coming for the Niche!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti ... e=emb_logo
That's pretty cool! And you can run it with the lid open!

Chalky

#34: Post by Chalky »

kidloco wrote:Has this started?
Not yet, the video is less than a month old and they need time for tooling and ramp up of production. I'm sure we'll get an update email from indiegogo when they're ready.

MntnMan62

#35: Post by MntnMan62 »

Chalky wrote:Cool free upgrade coming for the Niche!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti ... e=emb_logo
Very cool. Watching and will hold off on ordering one until the fix is installed in the new machines. Love it.

daveR1
Supporter ♡

#36: Post by daveR1 »

Wigglesworth2.0 wrote:Is the Machine pre-calibrated upon receipt or do you have to calibrate it? Dave's videos indicated that it was already calibrated, is that not the case anymore?
It was my understanding that Martin's staff calibrated each grinder before shipping.

Just got mine today, similar experience. Choked @ 20, way too fast @ 30. Didn't have time to test further today but I expect I'll end up around 25-27 for the particular coffee I was testing.

Elfmaze (original poster)

#37: Post by Elfmaze (original poster) »

sirknighting wrote:So unless expobar has changed something, the expobar office lever plus is a vibration pump machine.

Mine, for sure, is. I've replaced the pump in it before. I think mine kicks into higher gear for the pull a lot faster than yours showed, and my OPV may also be higher-set than yours.

I see the ramp time is much quicker on yours. I'll go for a flow test next Wed when I do my weekly cleaning. Wish I could trust the pressure on the front panel.