Gevi Grindmaster? - Page 8

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
malling

#71: Post by malling »

Lol mine never look liked that, but My ode on the other hand did somewhat when grinding fine, there where additional also build up around the chamber edge, it was just bad. Grinding coarser never resulted in said issue and the retention was very low. But yeah the design isn't great for low retention when grinding very fine (espresso), I will never get another grinder with said design ever again, been there done that twice. This is why I'm sceptical about this in terms of retention, as I have years of experience with that design, hopefully Gevi find some solution too it, but I really want to see it before I believe in it.

Ursego

#72: Post by Ursego »

Ursego

#73: Post by Ursego »

This video is not extremely interesting :lol: but it's another video which shows how clean the GGM is thanks to the plasma generator:

Ursego

#74: Post by Ursego »

Capuchin Monk

#75: Post by Capuchin Monk »

I can see a grind-off coming up next year between Gevi and DF83V. "The battle of plasma cannons, Sunday pay-per-view!!!" :)

StoicDude
Supporter ♡

#76: Post by StoicDude »

Ursego wrote:This video is not extremely interesting :lol: but it's another video which shows how clean the GGM is thanks to the plasma generator:

video
I'm confused. Clean as in the grounds don't spray anywhere but into the dosing cup?

Fraussie

#77: Post by Fraussie »

It's interesting to see that there's only been one independent review of this grinder. It was by the Real Prometheus and, sadly, it was before Gevi implemented the latest changes. The rest is paid promotional / sponsored reviews...

I've backed the grinder because it seems like a good machine on paper but wish there could have been more unbiased reviews.

malling

#78: Post by malling »

Prometheus Hardly qualifies as independent, if you don't pay with your own money or through other means it's not independent as you then get the product (or lend said product), which means objectivity goes straight out the window, in that it will almost always be a biases review.

Also the "is this the best " is so much a clickbait and everything you just don't like too see in a review

Fraussie

#79: Post by Fraussie »

I tend to think that there are degrees of biases. It's a pretty onerous requirement to expect reviewersto buy all the gear they review with their own money. I'm ok with reviewers receiving machines on loan for a review.

You seemed to be pretty critical of the machine based on the specs. What strikes you as the potential biggest issue?

malling

#80: Post by malling replying to Fraussie »

I'm critical because the base design is fundamentally an Ode on steroids on some part and others a downgrade and that design had its fair share of issues and challenges, but was mainly acceptable because it was so affordable. At this price point I just question if that design is good enough for the money.