Gevi Grindmaster? - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
malling

#11: Post by malling »

It might try still don't change is main construction are nearly identical to an Ode

mmg

#12: Post by mmg »

Prices were announced.
Better than early bird price is $399 ($564 with SSP). On indiegogo, they should start at $100 more. Its integrated scale is an additional $50.

Getting access to the deal requires a $39 deposit, but it's unclear whether the deposit is applied towards the price or it's more of an additional payment.

Ursego

#13: Post by Ursego »

BTW, we can choose any of 3 the SSP burrs (HU, LS or MP):

I ordered HU without scale for $564 - still dreaming about an electric beans doser. Anyway, we will choose the final version later.

They say:
By making a $39 deposit, you are reserving the best price available. This discount is bigger than the discount of our Super Early Bird Offer. ... Customers who placed the deposit would be given priority! As a special reminder, the deposit slots are limited to 500.
"100% Refundable (If you have placed a deposit but do not wish to proceed with the purchase after the campaign launches, we will refund the deposit.)
That old marketing trick has worked for me, ha-ha! So, I pre-ordered just in case, and now I am waiting not only for 078s. I am afraid I will pre-order something else, that's becoming a mental disorder! :lol:

malling

#14: Post by malling »

That's reasonable as long as you don't live in europe because then it's additional (shipping, x1-5% VAT, + handling fee, x 19-26% VAT)

Jonk

#15: Post by Jonk »

It's a pretty good offer for what you get, although I understand the comments about Ode more after suffering through more of the live video :wink:

I think they made some odd design choices with this one, if the form factor was slim I'd probably have gone for the deposit as well.

Worth noting that the burr recommendation is off - SSP MP or even LS are the logical choices for light roast espresso, while HU is usually recommended for somewhat darker roasts.

Ursego

#16: Post by Ursego »

Jonk wrote:Worth noting that the burr recommendation is off - SSP MP or even LS are the logical choices for light roast espresso, while HU is usually recommended for somewhat darker roasts.
Best 64 mm SSP burrs for high clarity/brightness light roast espresso

mmg

#17: Post by mmg »

Ursego wrote: That old marketing trick has worked for me, ha-ha! So, I pre-ordered just in case, and now I am waiting not only for 078s. I am afraid I will pre-order something else, that's becoming a mental disorder! :lol:
Congrats! Did you figure out what I was saying before? Is the $39 ever refunded/discounted or is the effective discount $61?

naz1511

#18: Post by naz1511 »

The effective discount is now $61 and they have changed their campaign statements holistically to reflect the updated expected 'savings'.

I was berating in their facebook group saying that in their earlier promotion, the price for the base model was suppposed to be USD399, now it's $438. Some might have placed deposit thinking they had secured the earlier pricing.

The change of prices are:

1) orion burrs + no scale = usd438 (was usd399)
2) SSP burrs + no scale = usd603 (was usd564)
3) orion burrs + scale = usd488 (was usd449)
4) SSP burrs + scale = usd653 (was usd614)

Quite the bait-and-switch if you ask me

mmg

#19: Post by mmg »

Yep, just got the same reply and explanation.
They never said they would refund the deposit, I am ok with this, but it definitely wasn't clear.

bonjing

#20: Post by bonjing »

I hope I have it correct now. The super early bird is $399. The limited vip is $438. Do I have this right?