G-IOTA / DF64 espresso grinder - Page 78

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Giampiero

#771: Post by Giampiero »

galfert wrote:Thank you Mike for that info!

I found the official company website link posted below. Lots of interesting info there with other products and building details and many employees. This is not a "running out of a garage" type company. Amanda is a looker. They have a firmware update download for the DF64 on the webiste. I'm kidding on the last bit....haha...got ya!..but that would be a cool idea for a future product smart grinder. It seems that the FL Coffee name comes from FeiLai Electric.

http://www.flcoffee.cn/ *note that they do not have an https address!

There is also this similar Alibaba hosted site:
https://flcoffee.en.alibaba.com/

This is all reassuring.
I was curious to see what kind of update there should be possible for the DF64, since there is only a timer, but i could not find it, could you please address me to the link, thanks.

LnR

#772: Post by LnR »

I have had it for two days and so far I am impressed by the grinder provided its price. Does the motor have the power to run without staling SSP burrs? I am still with stock Italmill but I am planning to test and SSP option(MP).

zellleonhart

#773: Post by zellleonhart »

L&R wrote:I have had it for two days and so far I am impressed by the grinder provided its price. Does the motor have the power to run without staling SSP burrs? I am still with stock Italmill but I am planning to test and SSP option(MP).
Definitely yes, been using the SSP MP on it for few months and had no issue at all.

LnR

#774: Post by LnR »

I am asking because Ceado E5(smilar motor) has such problems even though with HU SSP.

galfert

#775: Post by galfert »

Giampiero wrote:I was curious to see what kind of update there should be possible for the DF64, since there is only a timer, but i could not find it, could you please address me to the link, thanks.
I was joking when I said that there was a firmware update to download. I think you missed the very next sentence in my post where I clarified that it was joke.

But all joking aside, I think it would be neat to have a version with a bit more features like RPM control, auto-stop by detection of some sort, automatic bellows (blower) upon grinding completion, digital micrometer (with auto zero), motor heath and burrs temperature monitoring.

Giampiero

#776: Post by Giampiero replying to galfert »

Damn....gotcha :lol:

DamianWarS

#777: Post by DamianWarS »

galfert wrote:I was joking when I said that there was a firmware update to download. I think you missed the very next sentence in my post where I clarified that it was joke.

But all joking aside, I think it would be neat to have a version with a bit more features like RPM control, auto-stop by detection of some sort, automatic bellows (blower) upon grinding completion, digital micrometer (with auto zero), motor heath and burrs temperature monitoring.
it has a bigger bother the ZF64. it doesn't have all those features but it does have some. there's only so much you can pack in $350 (what I paid for my DF64)

galfert

#778: Post by galfert »

Yep, saw the ZF64, which is where I got some of those ideas. But really hoping for a single dose grinder with those features, and unfortunately the ZF64 is not designed for single dose. At least not from what I can tell as there is limited info on the ZF64. I hear ya on the only so much that you can pack into the DF64 and it's price point. But I'd be willing to spend more for the added features. Perhaps if the DF64 and the ZF64 do well you never know what could come next. After all the iPhone 1 from 2007 couldn't do a lot of things like it couldn't make 3G calls, cut & paste, MMS, install non-Apple apps, record video, multi-task, shoot selfies and much more. You gotta start somewhere. The DF64 seems like a great version 1.0.

martuney
Supporter ❤

#779: Post by martuney »

Just wanted to let fellow USA members know this grinder is being offered by Espresso Outlet as the Turin DF 64 in multiple colors and burr set configurations. I just took delivery of one in black with a set of SSP High Uniformity burrs (as well as the stock burrs, which I believe are stainless steel unimodal burrs - or atleast look that way from the geometry of the cutting surface)

https://www.espressooutlet.net/turin-64 ... o-grinder/

Sorry about the shameless plug, but the proprietor, Joe Kolb, I've gotten to know very well, not just as a customer, but through moderating at a Facebook forum he created and administrates called Home Espresso Aficionados, and whom I think very highly of!

uncola

#780: Post by uncola »

I just got my df64, stock steel burrs in white. Ordered from the amazon usa store and got it super quickly in a few days. I've been using a lido 2/aeropress as my main coffee setup for the last 7 years, and I recently tried a fellow ode which I was not impressed by. Right out of the box I can taste a big improvement with aeropress using the df64. It's super heavy too! I weighed it, 15 pounds 3 ounces. There's a small bubble in the white vinyl wrap which is the only flaw. The box it shipped in was slightly damaged but the grinder was perfect in the box. Good packaging design. I even emailed the amazon seller in china and got a response. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this grinder to anyone. I'll update you guys after using it daily for a month