G-IOTA / DF64 espresso grinder - Page 123

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Bigun404

#1221: Post by Bigun404 »

Bigun404

#1222: Post by Bigun404 »

£85 shipping from Europe, I don't think so. Its worth waiting two weeks to purchase directly.

I am using a 3d printed collar for my PF , straight to the spout on the grinder. Anyone seen an metal versions anywhere?

jpaulm
Supporter ♡

#1223: Post by jpaulm »

I have a metal collar for mine. It has a cutout for the spout, so no static spray. Keeps everything in the portafilter. I got it from Oat Siripun who posts on the DF64 Facebook group. Also makes a metal collar for the dosing cup, which I have, and a metal dosing cup. Latest offering is a push switch to turn the machine on and off using the portafilter. Stuff is really well made.

Brewzologist
Supporter ♡

#1224: Post by Brewzologist »

Just an FYI if you're looking for a dosing cup for your DF64. Have been using these for a while now and they work great.

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Steel- ... B07227VCM3

canatto

#1225: Post by canatto »

Bigun404 wrote:....Anyone else using a 10 degree base?
I went to Pisa and noticed no extra base that the tower is sitting on, so I decided to save a bit of countertop space. But it's just me perhaps. :)

Bigun404

#1226: Post by Bigun404 »

Never been to Italy , there and south America. The base, I am finding I cannot use the anti pop device anymore, but I don't think I need it now , it's improved that looking at the debris in the carrier. I checked the alignment again once I added the base, all good in position two clockwise from twelve. I have found that sometimes it doesn't completely grind all the beans . Just wondering if anyone else was experiencing something similar?

Bigun404

#1227: Post by Bigun404 »

Thanks for the info. How do you order ? I have never used any social media, only twitter once to find PS5 stock last year.

m0rphl1ng

#1228: Post by m0rphl1ng »

Brewzologist wrote:Just an FYI if you're looking for a dosing cup for your DF64. Have been using these for a while now and they work great.

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Steel- ... B07227VCM3
Nice find.

I see the link has 8, 12 and 16 ounce cups. Is it just the 8oz ones that you've tried?

Do the cups fit into the tabs on the front of the grinder, and are you using any sort of chute/sleeve between the grinder and the cup?

Brewzologist
Supporter ♡

#1229: Post by Brewzologist »

m0rphl1ng wrote: Nice find.
I see the link has 8, 12 and 16 ounce cups. Is it just the 8oz ones that you've tried?
Do the cups fit into the tabs on the front of the grinder, and are you using any sort of chute/sleeve between the grinder and the cup?
I've only used the 8oz cups. I removed the PF holder on my DF64 because I like to grind directly into my spro basket while held under the chute. For filter brews I grind into the 8oz cup held under the chute.

Bigun404

#1230: Post by Bigun404 »

Burrs ordered from SSP £168 , metal dosing ring for PF and cup, metal cup ordered £68 . Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.