G-IOTA / DF64 espresso grinder - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Giampiero

#11: Post by Giampiero »

I think i already saw a very similar model imported from China here in Bangkok, but i don't know the importer name nor if they sale by single unit.

BlackBo

#12: Post by BlackBo »

I tried to place an order but only option was for pickup. Anyone else have this issue? For the price it is worth a roll of the dice but not willing to fly to Europe for it:) I will have to email them to see what their policy is on international shipping.

Rytopa

#13: Post by Rytopa »

Peter_B wrote:Does anyone have the distributor info for within China?

Am thinking of buying it and getting it sent via freight forwarder.
Can try IG @thegluons, that is where i got my set from, i understand he ships to USA. Tell him u got referred by me.

Espressoman007

#14: Post by Espressoman007 »

BlackBo wrote:I tried to place an order but only option was for pickup. Anyone else have this issue? For the price it is worth a roll of the dice but not willing to fly to Europe for it:) I will have to email them to see what their policy is on international shipping.
Hey,
test willingness or kindness of HB members if anyone is willing to send one to you after picking it personally (if that's the only option).... ;)
I see this grinder as veeeeery tempting, how it looks, the construction and burrs and the price...if I haven't bought Lagom already, I would go for this one immediately.

Cheers!

zellleonhart

#15: Post by zellleonhart »

Rytopa wrote:Can try IG @thegluons, that is where i got my set from, i understand he ships to USA. Tell him u got referred by me.
Glad you like it! I also placed my order with @thegluons. I got to know about this grinder directly from David, because I bought my Lelit Mara X from him too. Just now I visited his place and he has a unit to be collected by a buyer. He showed me and I was quite impressed with how well built it is.

Can't wait for it to arrive!

LObin

#16: Post by LObin »

Anyone knows if they are releasing a North American 110v version soon?
LMWDP #592

LObin

#17: Post by LObin »

Rytopa wrote:Can try IG @thegluons, that is where i got my set from, i understand he ships to USA. Tell him u got referred by me.
I'm in touch with @thegluons for a 110v NA unit.
He's getting back to me tomorrow with a quote including shipping to Canada.

Any insight on the titanium coated burrs? Are they the ECM burrs? It's +60 usd for the coated burrs vs steel Italmill.

Just weighing if it's worth it considering I will likely end up getting SSP unimodal at some point.

I'll keep you guys posted on the availability of the G-IOTA in 110v but, so far so good!

LMWDP #592

zellleonhart

#18: Post by zellleonhart »

I ordered the steel italmill burrs because I am very sure that I will fit the SSP High Uniformity burrs upon receiving the grinder.

I don't know who makes the titanium coated burrs but I figure I might as well allocate the additional cost for it into the SSP. Total cost is still less than a Niche Zero :P

Giampiero

#19: Post by Giampiero »

I did found an importer in Bangkok.
The nice surprise is that he ask me to test the grinder, so he gave me one of his sample model...for free :D
I probably will post some photos later.

BlackCat

#20: Post by BlackCat »

Sounds interesting. Do we have some feedback about retention and cup quality (espresso and filter) compared to the Niche?