Flying Eagle CM300AU - A Fuji Royale variant - Page 4

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
black$kipper

#31: Post by black$kipper »

Rytopa wrote:

Fuji Royale R-440

Feima 207N grinder follows closely the Fuji Royale R-440. The difference is the 90MM burrs size and its build size. This thing is huge and is commonly used commercially.
these have 90mm ghost burrs and I read these are not for the espresso end of grinding. Any idea if these can be replaced with 90mm flat burrs? Any idea which other grinders' spec might be suitable?

hankua
Supporter ♡

#32: Post by hankua replying to black$kipper »

I have one of the medium duty Flying Eagle ghost burr grinders, got it a while back. It's definitely a shop grinder designed for bulk use, and would probably work out for what your looking for; except the espresso level. This one is the CM520 and the next one up is the CM520au with flat burrs. But there are more differences than just the burrs; the CM520 is not vented or has a fan; so after around 5 minutes the motor starts to heat up. You can fill the hopper all the way to the top and grind in into the bin no problem. There's quite a bit of static cling, keeping a bench brush nearby would be useful.

The next one up (CM520au) has a more powerful motor and vented fan motor case, undoubtedly it can run for much longer before overheating. Most likely the flat burrs can grind much finer, although I've not actuallly tested one. Feima has a similar line of grinders available.

It doesn't make sense to buy the medium grade machine, then upgrade the burrs; or get one of the little ones designed for home use (if bulk grinding is the intended use).

Rytopa

#33: Post by Rytopa »

black$kipper wrote:these have 90mm ghost burrs and I read these are not for the espresso end of grinding. Any idea if these can be replaced with 90mm flat burrs? Any idea which other grinders' spec might be suitable?
Sorry, i don't have the knowledge of the detailed burrs measurement and specifications. I believe its possible to change the burrs by directly contacting Fuji Royal Japan company.