Fiorenzato F64E or Eureka Atom 75

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Chris Nias

#1: Post by Chris Nias »

Anyone have experience with both of grinders. Which one better for Espresso?

Oskuk

#2: Post by Oskuk »

I was years ago thinking about Eureka 65e vs. Fiorenzatof64e and Eurereka won. And you are comparing even better Eureka, and so to me it is clear.

DeGaulle

#3: Post by DeGaulle »

Chris Nias wrote:Anyone have experience with both of grinders. Which one better for Espresso?
I have a F64Evo (which is the F64E wih a different burr set) that I bought used. For "traditional" medium to dark roast espressos it performs very well and fast. It's an old-school commercial grinder modified for GOD, similar to the Mazzers and Macaps of this world. Perhaps the Atom 75 is better in the retention (and certainly the noise) department. Also the Atom has the benefit of not having to re-dial in after cleaning the burrs. I wouldn't know if either of the two have the edge over the other for light roasts.
Bert

LObin

#4: Post by LObin »

Here's a in-depth review of the Atom 75:
https://news.bellabarista.co.uk/eureka- ... e-grinder/

I owned a Fiorenzato F64e for a little bit and although it's a good mid range commercial grinder for smaller coffee shops, restaurants or even an office, I struggle to recommend it for home usage.

Retention is too high in my opinion to be home friendly. C 7-8g range if I remember (vs 2-3g for the Atom 75).
It's loud although quite fast.

What pushed me to get rid of it in the end was all the wasted coffee. The time dosing required constant adjustments in order to deliver the wanted dose. The smallest purge would waste too much coffee for my liking. The dial-in range was quite limited, requiring constant changes in grind size and therefore, timer = more waste.
Sold it to a local coffee for their decaf. It's better suited there than on my counter, imo.

The Atom75 is also a commercial grinder but it's a popular option amongst home baristas. Many of the reviews are oriented towards home usage although it's also popular in coffee shops. I personally have no experience with it.
LMWDP #592