Fiorenzato F4 E Nano observations - Page 18

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
DontMind

#171: Post by DontMind »

Peter_SVK wrote:No, regardless of hopper size or type default F4E retention is quite high. If you are interested to know more details, please have a look at my threads about F4E modifications
Fiorenzato F4E Nano, fight with the retention
Fiorenzato F4E rebuild (take it to another level ...)
I did read everything Peter, like I said: like a book, haha. Really interesting, but all the lathe work is out of my expertise. That's why I'm curious if Fiorenzato sells the burr carriers for the filter edition already.

Peter_SVK

#172: Post by Peter_SVK »

Check your PM Inbox. :wink:

Advertisement
DavidH

#173: Post by DavidH »

Peter,

Wahou ! Just amazing the way you over killed the customization on this grinder. Many things to learn and experiment based on your upgrades... I just bought that one few days ago and im happy with it for now. But definitly the scale is hard to use. You dont mind if you can send me one as well ? It will be just amazing ;)
Just a question, when you do the ZP procedure to find thé burr real 0, does it damage them as you are rotating t'il they touch and made a friction sound ? I guess you have to go 0.5 by 0.5...

Peter_SVK

#174: Post by Peter_SVK »

Thanks. :)
No, but the increments should be very small, like 1 - 2 minutes on the watch dial per increment. 0.5 increments on original scale are too big. The grinder must be empty and clean.
The other way is to switch-off the grinder (with the main switch!) and spin the lower burr by hand only after each increment.

PM sent.

Baristabryce

#175: Post by Baristabryce »

Hey Peter !

I bought this coffee grinder last week and I've found this thread with your improvements, the scale is exactly what I need, it's perfect :D
Is it always possible to have one ?

If yes, can you contact me in PM for the procedure ? Thanks a lot in advance :mrgreen:

Tian

#176: Post by Tian »

Got my F4E eco today :D , 100€ cheaper without fancy touchscreen and dosing function, and i mainly do single dosing :mrgreen:

Peter pm send for scale

Peter_SVK

#177: Post by Peter_SVK »

Tian, PM reply sent.

Advertisement
Peter_SVK

#178: Post by Peter_SVK »

Baristabryce wrote:Hey Peter !

I bought this coffee grinder last week and I've found this thread with your improvements, the scale is exactly what I need, it's perfect :D
Is it always possible to have one ?

If yes, can you contact me in PM for the procedure ? Thanks a lot in advance :mrgreen:
PM sent the same day (Sept 30th), but has not been read yet. :wink:

Baristabryce

#179: Post by Baristabryce replying to Peter_SVK »

Hi Peter !

I didn't see the notification, I apologize :D

PM sent !

SingleShot

#180: Post by SingleShot »

All,

This has been an extremely helpful thread. Just received my F4E (and a QM 2B Evo) and was able to calibrate the grinder successfully with the advice here.

Peter, if you still are in the business, I'd be interested in some of your mods.