Fiorenzato AllGround review - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
erik996

#11: Post by erik996 »

LineaMurphy wrote:Ive been waiting for some reviews of the new Sense version, debating between that and the new Atom W 75 coming soon to replace my weber key because I'm tired of SD workflow. The AG has the option for multiple brew types which is a bonus for me over the espresso only Atom, but I'm sure the Atom will be superior in pretty much every other way with a hefty price jump.
I'm in the same boat. I've been struggling with my Mini E, and the Atom W 75 seemed to be the obvious option for me (wanting a GbW, on-demand, espresso only), plus it'll fit under my kitchen cabinets and won't break the bank. But......still not sure when the Atom will be released in the US and what it'll cost. I suppose I'll wait for some kind of Fiorenzato vs Eureka review.

JeffNYC

#12: Post by JeffNYC »

I think I like this grinder (Sense, GbW). Anyone have thoughts on the claim these burrs will do well with espresso (with fines) and filter (high uniformity when ground course)?

RistrettoCapp (original poster)

#13: Post by RistrettoCapp (original poster) »

I have not used the Sense version. But can attest that they have nailed it with these burrs, we've used it for espresso and drip and have been very impressed. Previous grinders have been mahlkonigs, compaks, etc. and the AllGround is better in many regards

pjv

#14: Post by pjv »

Can I ask you a subjective opinion on how loud the AllGround seems to you by contrast with other grinders you've had or used?

Rospresso

#15: Post by Rospresso »

I see there is also a new ProBrew "single dose" (comes with bellows) version of this with different burr geometry - with all the positive feedback on the Pietro burrs (also by Fiorenzato) I wonder if this could be an interesting grinder for filter/turbo shots? Anyone heard anything?

JeffNYC

#16: Post by JeffNYC »

Order placed. Took me long enough to pull the trigger. But this seems to fit my workflow best and sounds like a great burr set.

safesurfer

#17: Post by safesurfer »

pjv wrote:Can I ask you a subjective opinion on how loud the AllGround seems to you by contrast with other grinders you've had or used?
Compared to Eureka grinders not very load with a good sound profile.

StokedLoki

#18: Post by StokedLoki »

Those of you thinking about pre-ordering from Chris' Coffee. I emailed asking when they would be getting them in stock and they said they are in port in NYC as of Monday and they should have them by end of week or early next week(worst case).

corffee_beanz

#19: Post by corffee_beanz replying to StokedLoki »

Awesome, it may get here before my micra does then but Ill be happy to do some moka pot reports in the meantime

Kurvenal

#20: Post by Kurvenal »

StokedLoki wrote:Those of you thinking about pre-ordering from Chris' Coffee. I emailed asking when they would be getting them in stock and they said they are in port in NYC as of Monday and they should have them by end of week or early next week(worst case).
I ordered mine on 2/29, and was contacted by Chris Coffee the next morning with this info:

This particular grinder is on pre-order status and is expected to arrive to our warehouse during the third week of March. We will have a more definitive date as we move closer the delivery day.

I said I was OK with that, but then I read your post. Any updates since then? I wonder if I will have to wait for a later shipment from the mfr...