Fellow Ode V2.0 burrs almost here - Page 6

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
hank-scorpio

#51: Post by hank-scorpio »

Anyone else having trouble tracking their burr shipment? When I first received the tracking number it said label created, awaiting package or something like that. Now the tracking number just returns "Something went wrong, failed to fetch". Shipment is to CA through GLS fyi.

ira (original poster)
Team HB

#52: Post by ira (original poster) »

Mine said that for 2 days and now it says delivery today. It's not been the best tracking website ever.

ira (original poster)
Team HB

#53: Post by ira (original poster) »

There here!

★ Helpful

ira (original poster)
Team HB

#54: Post by ira (original poster) »

One last picture showing the edge opening. Looks like it's plenty capable of grinding small enough for espresso, no clue if it's good for that?

Steveko23

#55: Post by Steveko23 »

FWIW I opted for the free shipping and mine are scheduled for delivery on the 10th to Ohio. SO that may give an idea when others may start expecting theirs.

nicholasnumbers

#56: Post by nicholasnumbers »

ira wrote:One last picture showing the edge opening. Looks like it's plenty capable of grinding small enough for espresso, no clue if it's good for that?

Negative. That's a common misconception with burr geometry.

Nick

ira (original poster)
Team HB

#57: Post by ira (original poster) »

Well, it certainly grinds small enough for making pourover in an espresso basket with my Decent. I sure looks fine enough for espresso, but time will tell. These burrs certainly show that my Ode needs alignment.

Shenrei

#58: Post by Shenrei »

Received mine today and I am installing them now. Looking forward to seeing how these taste.

As a side note for those who do not have experience swapping burrs - I recommend getting a small wooden toothpick and scraping out the packed in coffee that are usually contained within the top of the screw heads, otherwise you risk stripping the screw while removing them.

I also recommend, when reassembling everything back together to tighten the screws at NW NE SW SE with the dial removed. This will make it easier to ensure the screws are placed properly with enough torque. With the dial on, you willl most likely need to angle your screwdriver to tighten, and that's not optimal.
- Tim

Shenrei

#59: Post by Shenrei »

These pictures are taken at grind setting 3.1 using an ultra light roast (think Moodtrap light). Grind range is much, much more usable now and they feel very nice between my fingers.

Taste results: Pretty fantastic

- Tim

jfjj

#60: Post by jfjj »

looks great, what did you have before?
- Jean