Fellow Ode brew grinder review - Page 154

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
bgn

#1531: Post by bgn »

Suddenly in the market for a flat burr grinder after buying a drip machine (Behmor). I have an old Baratza conical, but I think a flat burr might significantly improve the coffee with this brewing method. This is not our daily driver. We make drip about once a week for guests. I think the Ode would suit us. Can't decide yet if I'd be content with the version 1 with the discount and known issues, or if I'd be kicking myself for not getting version 2. Anyone else bought a version 1 on discount?

Jonk

#1532: Post by Jonk »

The anti-static feature in V2 makes even more sense for big pots of coffee. RDT doesn't work as good with a full hopper.
I haven't tried the V2 burrset, but if I bought an new Ode for myself my guess is that those would be worth the extra expense. The overlapping burrs in V1 have a weird profile in my opinion.. Did something interesting with dark roasts though, and if you brew with large doses the coarse grinds shouldn't be an issue.

Advertisement
cheez

#1533: Post by cheez »

I aligned the stock burrs on my V2 and have the 0 at burr touch. The problem is that the grind is extremely fine, I've ground at 8 and it was still too fine. I kind of remember Nick from Ode saying something like the stock calibration for setting "1" was one klick coarser from burr touch and then five klicks more but I'm not sure I remember correctly. I'd like my settings to lign up with the chart on the lid since I will be giving the grinder to Someone not as experienced.

Balthazar_B (original poster)

#1534: Post by Balthazar_B (original poster) »

Nick spends a lot more time these days answering questions here:
Fellow news and information!

Would suggest engaging him there if you need advice or clarification on anything he said earlier.
- John

LMWDP # 577

YouBrewYou

#1535: Post by YouBrewYou »

Did you happen to do the math on how many microns per click based on thread pitch? I couldn't find it in the thread, so thought I would reach out.

Jonk

#1536: Post by Jonk »

I didn't check myself, but according to jkim_makes it's 25µm.

NYPeter007
Supporter ♡

#1537: Post by NYPeter007 »

Very delayed response to this, but...

Does this hopper piece fit both the Gen 1 and Gen 2? I want to purchase a mod that's marketed for the Gen 1, but I have the Gen 2. If anyone knows, please spread the knowledge!

Advertisement
NYPeter007
Supporter ♡

#1538: Post by NYPeter007 »

I'm trying to figure out if this piece fits the Gen 2 Fellow Ode.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1664339652 ... ch_click=1

If anyone knows, please let me know.