Fellow Ode brew grinder review - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Neddisc

#11: Post by Neddisc »

Got an email my production model shipped today! I have one day shipping so looking forward to setting up and hopefully brewing some tests tomorrow! Will post my results.

AlexanderMills

#12: Post by AlexanderMills »

I got my hands on one as well!

makspyat

#13: Post by makspyat »

It would have been good for someone to compare Ode with Baratza, finally (Vario is my first choice - I did not like Virtuoso and don't expect anything good to come out of such a test, even though Virtuoso and Ode are in the same price range).

belegnole

#14: Post by belegnole »

It would be nice to see some actual reviews instead of advertisements. So far I'm not impressed with the grinder as a grinder. Looks more like fellow expects to sell it based on name recognition.
LMWDP #641

cccpu

#15: Post by cccpu » replying to belegnole »

You are not impressed as an owner or as a prospective owner?
LMWDP #583

pwginn

#16: Post by pwginn »

makspyat wrote:It would have been good for someone to compare Ode with Baratza, finally (Vario is my first choice - I did not like Virtuoso and don't expect anything good to come out of such a test, even though Virtuoso and Ode are in the same price range).
If I ever get my Ode in the mail, I'll definitely do a comparison with the Encore with the M2 burr.

JustPruIt

#17: Post by JustPruIt » replying to pwginn »

No kidding. Did anyone who said it was supposed to arrive today actually get it?

belegnole

#18: Post by belegnole »

cccpu wrote:You are not impressed as an owner or as a prospective owner?
As a prospective owner. Currently though I would like to see more competition in the grinder market, I am seeing little that would get me to buy this machine.
LMWDP #641

Balthazar_B (original poster)

#19: Post by Balthazar_B (original poster) »

belegnole wrote:As a prospective owner. Currently though I would like to see more competition in the grinder market, I am seeing little that would get me to buy this machine.
Just out of curiosity, what is it lacking that you would consider mandatory on a non-espresso grinder?
- John

LMWDP # 577

belegnole

#20: Post by belegnole » replying to Balthazar_B »

Just to be clear; I never said anything was lacking. I'm just not impressed with it. As a grinder it grinds, but I haven't seen comparisons to existing grinders at a similar price point. Nor have I seen anything but fluff on the grinder at all.
LMWDP #641
★ Helpful