Favorite Eureka Mignon replacement hopper?

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
applky

#1: Post by applky »

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Eureka Mignon Oro XL grinder and, obviously, love it. (Clive was sold out of the black model until Feb, so I had a fantastic first experience with 1st Line.) A big upgrade from the Vario, as others have remarked! As others have also remarked, the hopper is a drag. There are numerous third party replacement Mignon hoppers out there. What are everyone's favorites? I mostly single dose but don't necessarily need a hopper designed for single dosing.

As I've been told, the hoppers for all Mignons are identical, so even if you have another Mignon model I'd love to hear what you've done to replace the pretty average stock hopper on this otherwise above average grinder.

Thanks everyone!

Marcocafe
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by Marcocafe »

I also have the Eureka Mignon Oro XL, which I like very much. However, I agree about the hopper.

On Reddit, I have seen a Mignon hopper cleaning kit with a metal gate that looks like a great solution, but can't find it for sale in the US. https://www.eureka.co.it/en/accessori/id/152.aspx

I'm hoping someone has a lead.

smokie496

#3: Post by smokie496 »

I totally agree.. The hopper on my XL is quite lame. I contacted Eureka, and they told me that Whole Latte Love will have cleaning kits when available but did not say when that would be. I mean that could be now, I asked them back in March and haven't looked.