Eureka Zenith 65e

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
jeffreylam98

#1: Post by jeffreylam98 »

Hello everybody, I purchased a Eureka Zenith 65e hi- speed, and I have re aligned it by myself using white board marker. I found the fluctuation is very large, a 0.2mm finer turn can cause the shot slow down from 25sec to 34sec, are the burrs are not seasoned or bad-alignment ?

If anyone want to buy it and have questions, you can ask here.(eg, retention, electronic dosing etc), this machine is not famous on web.

silverbullet

#2: Post by silverbullet »

how good is this grinder
what is the grind retention after each shot
is this grinder too much for a person that does 4 to 5 shots a day not including entertaining
is it easy to set up and use
i currently have a rocket evoluzione with a compak k3 touch
Thanks Jeffrey

jeffreylam98 (original poster)

#3: Post by jeffreylam98 (original poster) replying to silverbullet »

The retention is not much, it's about 3.5g.

It is not suitable for those that does 1 shot only. It's suitable for 3-10 shots in an hour.

Yes it's easy to use, the grind setting is very stable. A bit trouble to find the grinding time

If you're upgrading from a K3, you can feel the improved stability but not so much in cup. If you want much better in cup, I suggest the Kafatek Monoliths. As the cup quality of these commercial grinders are quite similar, maybe 75e is better than 65e but there won't be a super huge improvement

KoryWMajor

#4: Post by KoryWMajor »

silverbullet wrote:how good is this grinder
what is the grind retention after each shot
is this grinder too much for a person that does 4 to 5 shots a day not including entertaining
is it easy to set up and use
i currently have a rocket evoluzione with a compak k3 touch
Thanks Jeffrey
I just bought this grinder yesterday.

If you don't mind getting creative, you can almost eliminate any grind retention with a couple puffs of a Ziplock bag on the hopper after you grind. i tried this with 20 grams in the hopper and after I used the ziplock trick, the final weight out was 19.7 grams.

Sure, it's an extra step but it works if you want to single dose all the time. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep on single dosing. The beans will stay fresh enough in the hopper for the few days I use them.

emason

#5: Post by emason »

I used to have a Nuova Simonelli MDX On Demand which I believe is mostly the same machine. I would check that the upper burr carrier is seated properly and the three screws are properly tightened (sort of fairly firm with the screwdriver). One time after cleaning I reassembled the part rotated out of the original position (with the hopper tab to the side instead of the back). The part didn't seat perfectly and I spent the next two weeks wondering why the grind went way out of whack requiring large adjustments on the knob.... Problem solved after I put it the upper burrs back in original position and re-tightened the screws properly. When the grinder was functioning normally and using the same espresso blend I did not have to adjust it very far ever, just a small movement on the small knob. Hope this helps.