Eureka Perfetto adjustment gear needs calibration? - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Pelbaya (original poster)

#11: Post by Pelbaya (original poster) »

Hi,

I never measured the coffee output per second but judging from my average grinding time, It's always around 10 to 11 seconds, for 18/19 grams (so around 1.5 grams per second I would say).

Seems like a detailed statistic, not sure if it gets us closer to the resolution though... ;)

Thanks again for sharing.

#12: Post by Pelbaya (original poster) »

So here is an update:

I am now at the very end of my coffee dial, and my coffee is not ground fine enough. My shots are nothing but « gushers ».

Obviously, I have no solution. So if anyone has figured how to recalibrate their Eureka grinder, please let me know!

Cheers

ira
Team HB

#13: Post by ira »

So, to start, is the problem it hits a stop before the burrs touch or the scale is off? If the scale is off, you could always print another one and stick it over the factory one. Not going far enough is a different problem.

I'm guessing it works like this:

An adjustment knob at the top pulls on a threaded rod that connects to the square bar that runs across the bottom of the grinder . That bar pushes up on the bottom of the motor shaft to adjust the grind.

If that's correct, your choices would seem to be:

make sure the surface between the bar and the motor shaft is still good.
Add a washer under the knob at the top so the whole mechanism is raised slightly
Add something between the bar and the motor shaft that's slightly thicker.

I can't see anything from the pictures so those are guesses at best.

Ira

#14: Post by Pelbaya (original poster) »

Finally found what the problem was:

After going back to the store and re-explain my issue to the person from the repair dept, he suggested I switch the burrs as they may have become dull.

Guess what: after replacing with brand new burrs, everything is back to normal!

Before I had replaced my burrs, I also noticed that the grinder was louder than one of my friend's eureka grinder which was newer than mine. Well, turns out that my grinder is now quieter with the new burrs.

So anyone having longer grinding time than they use to back when their grinder was new, or that they feel they have reached the limit of the adjustment knob, and think their grinder sound a little louder: switch your burrs to new ones and see if it corrects everything.

By the way: I have the new model of burrs that say diamond, we'll see how long they last.