Eureka Mignon timer bypass?

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Nbudor

#1: Post by Nbudor »

I recently bought used Eureka Mignon and due to my butterfingers I broke the timer turn knob (I have the old model with knob on the bottom).
I now have to use the grinder as single dose because I can't adjust the timer anymore.
What I want to know is is there a way to bypass the timer to make it on demand?

kropoffee

#2: Post by kropoffee »

If you take off the base and see the connector that connects the push button on the front to the motherboard. If you jump that the grinder turns off and on via the power switch.

Nbudor (original poster)

#3: Post by Nbudor (original poster) »

I was hoping to keep the function of the portafilter microswitch.

Nbudor (original poster)

#4: Post by Nbudor (original poster) »

For anyone with the same problem:

The picture above shows control board of old style of Eureka MCI (pre 2013, I think). There is that little red jack next to the microswitch plug. Put a jumper into the little red jack. Voila! The grinder now works in manual mode.

If someone knows where in Europe I can get the plastic base for the later generation of this ginder, please let me know. I mean the base where on/off switch is on the body of the machine and timer turn knob is on the side of the plastic base.
Also, I found the trimpot to replace the broken part:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-pcs-1K-ohm-P ... 2309858079
I have no use for it at the moment, I'm happy with the manual mode.

Mikkio

#5: Post by Mikkio »

You saved me!

Thanks a lot Nbudor

NMB

#6: Post by NMB »

Where did you get that little green jumper? Do you know what it's called?

ira
Team HB

#7: Post by ira »

They are most commonly used in older computers to select options. Anyone who worked on computers in the past probably has a jar of these in their parts box, I certainly do. The connector in the board is .025" square pins on .100 centers.

This search on Amazon will find them: "2.54 shorting jumper" (edit for better search term)

Ira