Eureka Mignon Specialita Single Dosing Modification - Page 10

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
rrosini

#91: Post by rrosini »

If you don't want to mess with the o-ring and bellows you can get a turkey baster top, drill a small hole in it to prevent a vacuum, and that works really well. I'm able to get about 2g of retention out of the grinder. I just keep it running and press the rubber top down a few times. If you cut the pvc long enough you can use it as a hopper for multiple doses. I got this baster at Walmart for a think a dollar or two. You still need to clean your burrs here and there but it gets the retention out pretty well.

Yum

#92: Post by Yum »

O M G I don't even have the single dose piece on it, I just took the hopper off and TURKEYBASED, sounds pretty kinky right !! And all the retention left came out!!!! I am so excited !!!!! Is it better to squeeze OR push down ??
Yea, when I was sold a couple of these eurekas and was promised "their was hardly any retention on these " Oh those wonderful salesman # @ !!##'$$

michieff

#93: Post by michieff »

Or you can just remove the hopper, put your mouth over the opening and blow until the grounds loosen up and shoots out of the shoot. Works every time. But I get the thrilling hunt for parts to make a killer mod 8)

walr00s
Supporter ♡

#94: Post by walr00s »

First (only time) I tried blowing the grounds through a bunch of them blew back up into my face.

rmanalan

#95: Post by rmanalan »

Hi all. Just thought I'd share my solution to single-dosing. I designed and 3d printed my own hopper and bellows: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4703218. If you have a 3D printer, you can print your own. I'm also selling these on Etsy, but probably won't be doing it much longer since it's consuming too much of my time :)

Here's a video of it in action:

ojaw

#96: Post by ojaw »

Beautiful and functional!

dak (original poster)

#97: Post by dak (original poster) »

Very elegant design! :wink:

Seattlegrognard

#98: Post by Seattlegrognard »

Would someone who has the PVC/bellows single dosing rig please on their Mignon Specialita please report the overall height needed to get bellows into place? The clearance between my countertop and cabinet bottom is just 16" and I suspect that's not quite enough.
Thanks in advance!

K7

#99: Post by K7 »

11" from the countertop to the PVC top. The bellow is 4" tall. So you would need 15" total clearance. These numbers are from a quick tape measure and should be accurate to within 1/8 inch. Once you put the bellow in its place, the total height is 13-5/8 inch, so you should have plenty of room for your hand for the bellow pumping.

walr00s
Supporter ♡

#100: Post by walr00s »

the top of my bellows sits at 14" above my countertop,