Eureka Mignon Silenzio/Perfetto/Specialita' (2018) - Page 9

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
kwk1

Postby kwk1 » Feb 12, 2019, 12:29 am

Reefguy wrote:My specialita arrived today, perfect packaging,
$87.00 cdn funds for tax / includes $10 broker fee.

Awesome! I hope you are happy with it and it serves you well.

kwk1

Postby kwk1 » Feb 12, 2019, 12:36 am

The Mignon Brew Pro does look interesting. That might be good for me as I don't have an espresso machine yet.
It seems similar as it has 55mm burrs, but they say "brew specific", whatever that means.
Along with the bigger motor, it also says it has the Easy Setting System like the Perfetto yet in the picture it doesn't show the same colourful adjustment wheel. And I guess it comes with the container to grind in. Gonna wait and see if Espresso Coffee Shop gets these in.

Sacdubro

Postby Sacdubro » Feb 12, 2019, 2:27 am

+1 on the EM Specialita
I purchased mine from espressocoffeeshop.com (ECS) based on recommendations from other HB members. The team at ECS were very responsive and provided good customer service. I've had the Specialita for about three weeks and like others have noted it's user friendly and easy to dial-in. One of the other features the Specialita has along with being quiet, dose pause, digital timer and 55mm burrs I appreciate is the adjustable PF fork/holder. It accommodates the FP with a funnel which helps keep the space clean as well as loading the PF. This is something that I could not find on many grinders in this category.

sidpost

Postby sidpost » Feb 12, 2019, 9:16 am

kwk1 wrote:The Mignon Brew Pro does look interesting. That might be good for me as I don't have an espresso machine yet.
It seems similar as it has 55mm burrs, but they say "brew specific", whatever that means.
Along with the bigger motor, it also says it has the Easy Setting System like the Perfetto yet in the picture it doesn't show the same colourful adjustment wheel. And I guess it comes with the container to grind in. Gonna wait and see if Espresso Coffee Shop gets these in.

Keep in mind English might be a third or fourth language for them so, word selection may not be the best. ;)

The information there appears to suffer a bit of "cut and paste" confusion. Looking at the pictures, the pictographs on the control panel look different but, the text talks about single and double doses, aka espresso, which makes little sense to me. Do they mean French Press (single dose) and Drip (double dose) for quantity selection? :?:

Further, it states the burrs are "brew specific"! Does this mean fewer fines in the French and Drip settings? The grind setting wheel/knob surely has been tweaked as well for adjustment ranges and speeds appropriate for the grind coarseness this grinder is built for, similar to the Perfetto though not as colorful since the grind differences aren't so extreme?

kwk1

Postby kwk1 » replying to sidpost » Feb 12, 2019, 9:39 am

On the Eureka website, the control panels look the same on all the Mignon machines, not sure which picture you are looking at that is different.
On the dosing, I don't think there would be any difference, single or double dose, you set the time.
I am curious as to what specific design/purpose the burrs have.
Espresso coffee shop said they will have them up on the website soon.

kwk1

Postby kwk1 » Feb 12, 2019, 9:41 am

Sorry, hit wrong quote instead of edit.

kwk1 wrote:On the Eureka website, the control panels look the same on all the mignon machines, not sure which picture you are looking at that is different.
On the dosing, I don't think there would be any difference, single or double dose, you set the time.

kwk1

Postby kwk1 » Feb 12, 2019, 9:42 am

Sorry hit quote instead of edit.
kwk1 wrote:On the Eureka website, the control panels look the same on all the Mignon machines, not sure which picture you are looking at that is different.

sidpost

Postby sidpost » Feb 12, 2019, 11:07 am

No worries kwk1. If you hit the pencil above your post, you can edit it. ;)

Glad to hear Carlo and Simone will have the new machines listed in the near term! I bet that drives some more import taxes into the US Customs office.

Radio.YYZ

Postby Radio.YYZ » Feb 12, 2019, 5:22 pm

Reefguy wrote:My specialita arrived today, perfect packaging,
$87.00 cdn funds for tax / includes $10 broker fee.

how is the grinder working out and what level roast coffee are you using?

Infact those who have the specialita how is the grinder with light to medium roasts? I had read on another site that specialita is not able to grind light to medium roasts properly as the blades/burrs on the whole burr start to touch before anything else and was unable to produce fine enough grinds for espresso.
Good Coffee: Technique/Knowledge > Grinder > Beans > Water > Machine

Reefguy

Postby Reefguy » Feb 12, 2019, 9:14 pm

To be honest, I don't feel qualified to offer a review other than fit, finish looks very good, in terms of performance with grind, etc, I'm not sure as I bought my grinder prior to having my machine, ( profitec 700 or Bianca ) which I'm hoping to have in the next few weeks. My current Gaggia Classic is a pain to pull a decent shot to say the least, my barista skills are not that limited as I use to pull espressos from commercial machines since I was 10 in my dads bars, long time ago, different times.
I did quite a bit of research on this grinder and didn't read that anywhere regarding light / medium roasts, my buddy has the same grinder and uses a med roast with bezzera duo and shots are bang on.