Eureka Mignon Silenzio/Perfetto/Specialita' (2018) - Page 25

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
OK31
Supporter ♡

#241: Post by OK31 »

Westchester wrote:I ordered through espressocoffeeshop as well and had a great experience. Significant price savings and incredibly quick shipping. 3 days from order to my door.
Looking forward to getting mine.

Gw

#242: Post by Gw »

I ordered a Specialita from espressocoffeeshop on Sunday after missing out on a Niche Zero on Saturday. The grinder arrived today (4 days total) and I am very happy with the grind quality so far. I was able to saved over $250 cdn buying from espressocoffeeshop compared to the cost of this grinder in Canada.

OK31
Supporter ♡

#243: Post by OK31 replying to Gw »

Ordered mine friday night, got it yesterday evening. saved after tax import over 275 on the Atom. It's an updated model as of January (ok this just depends on who has what in stock but if a place has a good turnover then old units won't sit around).

ultrabean

#244: Post by ultrabean replying to OK31 »

Could someone in the US comment on how much to expect in import duty (and other tax if any) when a US resident buys one of these grinders from a dealer in Italy?

dreadnatty08

#245: Post by dreadnatty08 »

When I bought my Mignon Manuale from espressocoffeeshop.com last year I paid nothing in import taxes or duties to ship to DC. Granted, it was about $350, so not sure about the higher $$$ items.

heytchap

#246: Post by heytchap »

Import tax applies to anything valued over $800. Obama put that rule into place. Thanks Obama.

So, no import tax. :D

OK31
Supporter ♡

#247: Post by OK31 »

ultrabean wrote:Could someone in the US comment on how much to expect in import duty (and other tax if any) when a US resident buys one of these grinders from a dealer in Italy?
It cost me just under $60USD. It's import tax plus a fee from UPS. Very reasonable considering the saving is still huge and maybe it's just luck of the draw but they shipped a January release unit and it came with suction cups where as a November model from a domestic reseller did not so not sure if it's market based or simply a revised model.

tglodjo

#248: Post by tglodjo »

Is there any type of chart or anything that lists the differences between each model? I'm pretty confused by the three named in this thread and others like the Crono, Filtro, and Brew Pro. Really looking for a pourover-only grinder and wondering what the premium price of the Brew Pro adds and if it's worth it.

OK31
Supporter ♡

#249: Post by OK31 replying to tglodjo »

as I understand it has to do with sizes, looks and how recent it is. for pour-over there seems to be somewhat of a consensus that the Pro is good but it has less techie based gadgetry. as I don't do pourover can't comment on the difference but think it may come down to price, size, speed, look and age of model.

tglodjo

#250: Post by tglodjo »

Thanks. I've read that the Brew Pro has 55mm flat burrs instead of the Filtro's 50mm, and it has the electronic dosing. I'm sure some of the names are from different generations or something though. Now I need to choose between a Brew Pro or hyper-aligning a Vario....lol. So many rabbit holes to go down....