Eureka Mignon Silenzio/Perfetto/Specialita' (2018) - Page 21

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
hotcarver1

#201: Post by hotcarver1 »

Hello friends .
Just received a brand new Specialita.
I am very happy from purchase .
i have already make some tests,about 250grams but i have a major problem!
The beans are to fluffy!
I cannot put above 14 grs to a double.basket,that holds 18-19gr with my old grinder.
With the triple(21gr) i can barely fill it with 16-17.
Why is that?
Also donyounuse a funnel,and wich one?
I have one that doesn't fit to specialita.
My grin setting is as it came from the facrory 3.
Thank you in advance!

dak

#202: Post by dak replying to hotcarver1 »

The one below is what I use with my Specialita and the Lelit Bianca portafilters. It fits well and the magnets are awesome.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K9 ... UTF8&psc=1

hotcarver1

#203: Post by hotcarver1 »

Thanks for the answer.
I m looking for tidaka funnel,which has a specific cut for our grinder.
Any reviews on that?
Edit:I just bought one of these magnet funnels!
I will come up with my review!
Thank you!

Rhiiine’Spro

#204: Post by Rhiiine’Spro »

Sharing some pics from cleaning my Specialita this morning. The color change really helps get a sense for the retention by the amount of coffee that was pushed out AFTER grinding to empty when I ran 35 grams of grindz tabs through. This possibly includes some build up from around the burr, but you can also see most of that stayed behind suggesting this is coffee that sits in between the burr exit and the chute opening. I will say I saw the color change for the first second or two, and then had to dig down into the pile to uncover the coffee. My first bit of new coffee similarly had a moment or two of white grindz powder. I do a brief 0.5 second purge in the morning and between bean changes and haven't found it to detract from my enjoyment of my shots.

This morning's shots of Onyx Geometry Blend were bright and flavorful! Will do side by side with the Kinu Phoenix this weekend.

The burrs are still looking good and sharp after 6 months of moderate use grinding 3-5 shots daily.

aftercrasher

#205: Post by aftercrasher »

I've been using a Perfetto for the past 3 months and say its a great little grinder. Very little grind retention, and has virtually no clumping - what a difference from my previous Rancilio Rocky.

However, perhaps some users of the Perfetto can share your experience, I grind almost exclusively for espresso, and my grind setting is all the way at 2.5-3 (at 'Turco' range according to the sticker). Although it extracts well to the time, I can't help but wonder, isn't that a tad bit too fine? - basically i'm almost at the end of the range.

Bobenis

#206: Post by Bobenis »

I used a little drawer tab so my portafilter will reach the button with the doser ring, works well.
Love this little grinder.

alexeyga

#207: Post by alexeyga »

hotcarver1 wrote: The beans are to fluffy!
I cannot put above 14 grs to a double.basket,that holds 18-19gr with my old grinder.
With the triple(21gr) i can barely fill it with 16-17.
Why is that?
Also donyounuse a funnel,and wich one?
Same experience. Initially I was pausing half-way through the cycle to give it a few taps and compact - which works fine enough except having to pause...

Then I just got a funnel. It has been a non-issue ever since. Though I opted for the SS one.... don't like the idea of bare aluminum in my food... The "Small" one works just fine with the Specialita:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07QB5 ... UTF8&psc=1

Saltedcheesepie

#208: Post by Saltedcheesepie »

Hello everyone,

Can I kindly ask if anyone here who owns the Eureka Perfetto felt that the adjustment knob is very tight around the Turkish range? For lighter roast beans I had to go out of range finer than the printed guide. 8)

All in all it's a great grinder!

Coastie44

#209: Post by Coastie44 »

I received my Specialita three weeks ago and find it to be finicky on whether it will grind at all or not. I am dosing about 9.5 sec on setting about 1.5 with medium roast beans for a shot that pulls in the right range on my Profitec machine (35-45 sec total). About every 4th time I try to grind, it just clicks and counts down. I have to adjust the setting to 4-5, then quickly change it back to my desired setting. Then it will work fine until it doesn't again. :-(

Anyone else have same problem? I sent an email to support at Seattle Coffee Gear (with no reply) on Friday to inquire about it.

yertchuk
Supporter ♡

#210: Post by yertchuk »

That's happened to me a few times. It seems to be caused by beans getting caught in the burrs. I've always been able to clear the problem by stirring the beans in the hopper for a few seconds.

It only seems to happen with certain types of bean, but it's so infrequent that I can't be sure of that.