Eureka Mignon Silenzio/Perfetto/Specialita' (2018) - Page 13

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
martianpc

#121: Post by martianpc »

I set up my Mignon Specialita last night. Took more shots that I should have to dial it in (8). However, its really working great now, I have less than a gram of retention and its super quiet. Made my best shot ever this morning on the Bianca with beans ground through the Eureka. Came from a Sette 270, which was also great, but the quality seems much better on the Mignon.

Rhiiine’Spro

#122: Post by Rhiiine’Spro »

oghurd wrote:Just re-visiting pricing at espressocoffeeshop.com and noticed the pricing on the Specialita now has TWO versions of the 110 volt model (changed from a couple weeks ago):

110 volt (+30.50euros) and 110 volt (USA Customers) (+275.72 euros)

If I am interpreting this correctly, this seems to negate any price advantage over purchasing domestically.

Thoughts?
My guess is the US retailers and/or Eureka saw the thread and required them to publicly post an equivalent price US. I've been shopping for a few weeks and will be disappointed if there's no way to get the former price, but will go with the Niche Zero if so.

UPDATE: I just placed my order. Once I authorized the international charge, there weren't any issues. The threat of missing out on a deal got me off the fence. Do email for a coupon code!

Radio.YYZ

#123: Post by Radio.YYZ »

This was predictably coming, ask for a discount code and see what kinda pricing you end up with.
Good Coffee: Technique/Knowledge > Grinder > Beans > Water > Machine

Moka 1 Cup

#124: Post by Moka 1 Cup »

Regarding the SPECIALITA' can anybody comment on timed dosing? How much consistent/reliable is it?
Also do you see differences when the bean level in the hopper decreases and it gest close to empty?

I have been browsing this thread and I see that many do single dosing but I could not easily find information about timed dosing.
Life, Liberty and The Pursuit of Happiness.

wplhs2011

#125: Post by wplhs2011 »

oghurd wrote:Just re-visiting pricing at espressocoffeeshop.com and noticed the pricing on the Specialita now has TWO versions of the 110 volt model (changed from a couple weeks ago):

110 volt (+30.50euros) and 110 volt (USA Customers) (+275.72 euros)

If I am interpreting this correctly, this seems to negate any price advantage over purchasing domestically.

Thoughts?
Wow that's crazy!! As said above I am sure Eureka/US retailers are cracking down on us getting these at a heavy discount compared to what US retailers are selling it for.

Makes me wonder if US retailers have that much margin in these products or the US retailers have to pay close to what we just paid for these from espressocoffeeshop! I wonder if the regular 110V orders will be processed if they are being shipped to the US.

Hopefully this will not become the norm with them, I was starting the eye the Rocket Appartamento for $1200 shipped (without discount code).

erinoc14

#126: Post by erinoc14 »

Moka 1 Cup wrote:Regarding the SPECIALITA' can anybody comment on timed dosing? How much consistent/reliable is it?
Also do you see differences when the bean level in the hopper decreases and it gest close to empty?

I have been browsing this thread and I see that many do single dosing but I could not easily find information about timed dosing.
I find the timed dosing to be less consistent as the level of beans in the hopper gets lower. Seems to be fairly consistent (within 0.1g each dose) when the hopper is full.

Radio.YYZ

#127: Post by Radio.YYZ replying to erinoc14 »

Have you tried single dosing?

erinoc14

#128: Post by erinoc14 replying to Radio.YYZ »

No, I don't single dose. However, when the beans are beginning to run out, I do notice some popcorning and a lower dose. I am quite happy with using a full or half full hopper.

Radio.YYZ

#129: Post by Radio.YYZ replying to erinoc14 »

thanks. I will be single dosing so was wondering if you did and what modifications you did to reduce popcorning etc.

Rhiiine’Spro

#130: Post by Rhiiine’Spro »

wplhs2011 wrote: I wonder if the regular 110V orders will be processed if they are being shipped to the US..
Mine was :D I will update post once she arrives. I'm upgrading from a Baratza Virtuoso (my manual brew grinder that got me through the first month with my HX while I save my pennies) and cannot wait!

UDPATE: My Specialita arrived flawlessly! Ordered Monday and arrived Thursday, from Italy to NC! Got it close to dialed in this morning, the shots are noticeably better with more "bite" and more effervescent mouthfeel. I was not getting a full extraction from the Virtuoso, and in comparison the shots were thin and overly bright.

Here she is:

Initial impressions: This thing is whisper quiet! The build quality is apparent and I think it looks great, too. I look forward to tweaking and over-caffeination this weekend!