Eureka Drogheria MCD4 85 - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Kran (original poster)

#21: Post by Kran (original poster) »

Late to respond to some of these, sorry...
BronzeBeanOmar wrote:I just bought this grinder used, but while cleaning it, I lost the grind setting. To put the knob back on, do you twist it all the way clockwise, then tighten the set screws on the pointer? Any help is greatly appreciated.
You always lose grind setting if you remove the upper burr carrier. When I re-assemble after cleaning I re-attach the top plate, via the 4 screws, and then screw down the adjustment knob until I get to burrs chirp point. I then set the pointer to "0" and then back off the grind adjustment to about 1 to start dial in of espresso.
Kevin_sun wrote:Hello Kran,
Thank you for the sharing of Eureka ATOM burrs upgrade(in another post). It's an amazing modification!
I'm also an owner of ATOM 60 and want to upgrade the burrs to 65. Could you please send me the information where you bought the upper burr carrier?
I did a lot of Google search, but haven't found it yet.

Thank you!
I responded to you pm

Kran (original poster)

#22: Post by Kran (original poster) »

Also, quick update on the MCD4 85. Spent a good few months with the mythos burr inside and decided I wanted to give the stock burrs another chance. Put the 85mm burrs back in and aligned, when I used the stock burrs initially I did not align them first. Now that the stock burrs are aligned I have plenty of adjustment room on the dial and am no where near zero. Espresso tastes great. Now I need to season the stock burrs a bit to see how they settle in.

I also made a few usability mods to the grinder for single dosing:

I designed the adapter for the bellow to have an integrated funnel. It helps with making sure beans don't get stuck on an edge but also does a great job preventing popcorning. Because the hole is only slightly larger, and higher, than the rotating nut it's very hard for beans to pop back out. Then end up bouncing along the underside of the adapter and are fed into the burrs.

La Marzocco · Home: customized for espresso aficionados
Sponsored by La Marzocco · Home
Freddy Camacho

#23: Post by Freddy Camacho »

Nice looking mod. Im looking for a nicer looking bellow.
At the moment im using a normal dust bulb blower.
My adapter is sorted. May i know where you get you bellows from? Thanks

Kran (original poster)

#24: Post by Kran (original poster) »

I got it from this shop EtsyL https://www.etsy.com/shop/Chizuoka?ref= ... 1003477671

Looks like the seller uses the same bellow and then sells variations on the adapter for various grinders. I just got the cheapest one because I wanted to make my own adapter. It did take about a month to get to me after purchase.