Eureka Atom Specialty 75 ? - Page 7

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
IamOiman
Team HB

#61: Post by IamOiman »

Asriel wrote:How does this grinder perform for single dosing? Does it affect performance when the hopper is not full?
It is manageable, but if you want to do single dosing I would put some beans in (2-5g) and grind them to get rid of old grinds retained from past grinding. It is not meant to be single dosed, but it can be done. When the hopper is not full it will take more time for all the beans to go in the blades, as they may 'pop' around the hopper from striking the blade.
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

Capac

#62: Post by Capac »

I agree, using a grinder like that isn't ideal when the hopper is empty. I used one at a cafe and I think it's an awesome grinder for that application (I much prefer it to anything mazzer as far as the workflow goes).

Wattbe

#63: Post by Wattbe »

I don't have the Specialty 75 but I do own the Olympus 75E (same burrs and motor) and with the new blow up hopper it becomes a very good single dosing grinder. Takes around 6 secs to grind 18 grams with a very fine grind - about 3-4 secs for your 'normal' espresso grind.
I found that without the Blow Up hopper, the grinder would retain 4-5 grams but with it installed and sealed to the upper burr carrier with some electricians tape, the retention came down to around 0.1-0.2 grams.

Asriel

#64: Post by Asriel replying to Wattbe »

Good to know that the blow up hopper works! I looking to pick up one of the Atom 65 or 75 with SSP red if I couldn't get a Monoflat. Anyone has the measurement of the 75 w/o hopper? I can't find it anywhere.

cimbalino

#65: Post by cimbalino »

height is around 32CM without hopper.

Asriel

#66: Post by Asriel replying to cimbalino »

Thank you!

rlesko

#67: Post by rlesko »

Does anyone have any update on the NA release of the Atom 75? Also, to the lucky owners of the atom 75, can you comment on the retention without the blow up mechanism ?

redbone (original poster)

#68: Post by redbone (original poster) replying to rlesko »

Few members have ordered grinders successfully from https://www.espressocoffeeshop.com/inde ... ct_id=1147 They're located close to Eureka HQ.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

trunks235

#69: Post by trunks235 »

Really considering ordering this grinder with the blow up hopper for the zero retention aspect (assuming it works??). It's much cheaper than a monflat and much easier to purchase using the link above.

Anyone have reasons why I should think twice?

autotrader

#70: Post by autotrader replying to trunks235 »

Been reconsidering this myself.

Any one order the 110v from them? Does it come with an American socket/plug? Any modification required?