Eureka Atom Specialty 75 ? - Page 4

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
strikingmoose

#31: Post by strikingmoose »

Not to double post but idrinkcoffee.com (Canadian retailer) emailed me back when I asked them about when they were expecting the specialty 65/75 and here is what they said

"Hello,

thank you for your email, we are expecting them in this week. There was a bit of a delay in manufacturing. thank you for your patience.
-- Anna Janicki"

See if this holds true!

autotrader

#32: Post by autotrader »

Carneiro

#33: Post by Carneiro »

I imagine using it with RDT and maybe just blow it in the end. Perhaps even though it would need a bigger collector instead the portafilter :cry:

HoldTheOnions

#34: Post by HoldTheOnions »

:shock:

qntnclrk

#35: Post by qntnclrk »

I've been on high alert for these models hitting the American market and I saw the Atom 65 finally made an appearance today.

https://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/eurek ... so-grinder

No 'Blow Up' system but at least we're making progress.

autotrader

#36: Post by autotrader »

I have been watching for these grinders to come to market also.

Do you think the 75 is worth waiting for? What would the actual advantages be 'in the cup' or would it just be a quicker and more powerful machine in the same body I'd imagine?

What is the deal with Titanium/ redspeed burrs? again what are the pros and cons here? How would you spec it?

And finilly some people mentioned Mythos burrs. Would they make a big difference? and definitely fit this machine?

TIA!

Mesmer

#37: Post by Mesmer »

You could look for Olympus 75 grinder, it's about the same price, maybe even a bit cheaper.
The only downsides are that it's a bit louder and bigger.

I asked Eureka and they said that the Mythos burrs are compatible with the Atom 75.

Titanium/Red/Mythos burrs are steel burrs coated with a special layer. These wear out slower, also should grind a bit faster. Regarding taste i guess it's hard to tell a difference.

JayBeck

#38: Post by JayBeck replying to Mesmer »

The extra hardness of red speed, Ti, etc produce fewer fines so that you can grind finer without negatively effecting flow rate. That's in addition to the fact they last longer makes it preferred over non-coated burrs.

autotrader

#39: Post by autotrader »

I have to say the aesthetic of 'speciality 65' written in white on the front of the grinder is absolutely horrendous!

This is supposed to be a sleek unit in your kitchen.

I'm starting to think I won't be able to buy it for that single reason alone.

Thinking of going back towards the Olympus 75. Much better looking machine with the short hopper on it.

Edit: the Olympus has 'High Speed' written on the back. Not much better LOL! Less is more, no need for any of this! Just keep it plain black with the subtle Eureka logo

lancealot

#40: Post by lancealot »

JayBeck wrote:The extra hardness of red speed, Ti, etc produce fewer fines
This is the first I've heard of this. Could you please substantiate this claim?