Eureka Atom Specialty 75 ? - Page 22

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
slaplapuck

#211: Post by slaplapuck »

hha wrote:Mine came in yesterday! Loving this machine, very little retention, pretty quiet and the build quality is superb!

This might be a dumb question, but do you guys leave your grinder on all the time? I single dose and I only make about 3 shots a day so I will turn it on and off maybe 2-3 times throughout the day.
I shut off mine when I leave for work. Boot up time is relatively fast so it is not causing any real delay. I am concerned that these LCD screen will burn in whatever stays on screen for a long period of time, and there is no screen saver or auto shut off... I'm planning on putting another smart switch that I'll sync with my espresso machine warmup routine.

jonsic

#212: Post by jonsic »

For those who have ordered their Atom 75 with the blow up hopper, how has that been? Does it work and is it worth it over the regular hoppers? A lot of mixed reviews but that may be when it is used on different models.

nplez1

#213: Post by nplez1 »

Well, it looks like I waited too long to pull the trigger on the Atom 75 from espressocoffeeshop.com. I was waiting to get my discount code and it looks like they just updated the website listing with a new option for "110v (USA Customers)" that adds 293€ to the cost, which effectively eliminates the discount :cry:

trunks235

#214: Post by trunks235 replying to nplez1 »

Ouch. Me too..

jonsic

#215: Post by jonsic »

You can just select the cheaper 110V option, it is the same as the more expensive one, they are just obligated to put it.

jtferraro

#216: Post by jtferraro »

jonsic wrote:For those who have ordered their Atom 75 with the blow up hopper, how has that been? Does it work and is it worth it over the regular hoppers? A lot of mixed reviews but that may be when it is used on different models.
I ordered it with the Blow Up hopper but haven't really used it much yet. I prefer the aesthetics and reduced height of the grinder sans the BUH. I'll test with it soon though.
-Jeff

Radio.YYZ

#217: Post by Radio.YYZ »

nplez1 wrote:Well, it looks like I waited too long to pull the trigger on the Atom 75 from espressocoffeeshop.com. I was waiting to get my discount code and it looks like they just updated the website listing with a new option for "110v (USA Customers)" that adds 293€ to the cost, which effectively eliminates the discount :cry:
Ask them for a discount code and pricing will be better if not same as before.
Good Coffee: Technique/Knowledge > Grinder > Beans > Water > Machine

redbone (original poster)

#218: Post by redbone (original poster) »

nplez1 wrote:Well, it looks like I waited too long to pull the trigger on the Atom 75 from espressocoffeeshop.com. I was waiting to get my discount code and it looks like they just updated the website listing with a new option for "110v (USA Customers)" that adds 293€ to the cost, which effectively eliminates the discount :cry:
That was fun while it lasted. I wondered how long that ride would last considering pressure from resellers on this side of the pond.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

illole

#219: Post by illole »

wow even with coupon code with short blow up burr and red speed burr come out to $1430USD. Almost the same as ordering here.

Ikaz84

#220: Post by Ikaz84 »

Common guys.. 22 pages of people trying to place orders and not a single photo of an extracted shot. Lets see some Espresso gents.

Would also be amazing if we can make a poll and see what people get for taste. acidity, fruitness, bitterness, sourness.. calibration on the easy or hard side.

Show me those brewwwwws