Eureka Atom Specialty 75 ? - Page 21

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
linuxAndJavaScript

#201: Post by linuxAndJavaScript »

illole wrote: When I turned on my grinder it'll twitch forward when I start grinding, does that happen to anybody grinder as well?
Yes, it really annoyed me so I sent mine back. I bought a Caedo e37s instead and I do not have that issue.

hha

#202: Post by hha »

Mine came in yesterday! Loving this machine, very little retention, pretty quiet and the build quality is superb!

This might be a dumb question, but do you guys leave your grinder on all the time? I single dose and I only make about 3 shots a day so I will turn it on and off maybe 2-3 times throughout the day.

Advertisement
redbone (original poster)

#203: Post by redbone (original poster) replying to hha »

Considering the Atom75 shares many components with the E75 which is a commercial \ Cafe grinder and designed to be left on for long periods of time, can't see leaving the Atom75 on all day would pose an issue. Unlike a espresso machine it has no heating element or water to run dry.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

mbabst

#204: Post by mbabst »

Anyone tried the 74mm SSP Burrs for the Mythos with the Atom? http://sspgrind.com/sub/product/product ... part_idx=1

illole

#205: Post by illole »

been playing with mine the last few days. I've been dosing 18gram. How many seconds should I aim for when dialing in?

Marcje

#206: Post by Marcje replying to illole »

Depends on the beans, but for me between 3.2 and 3.5 seconds

jtferraro

#207: Post by jtferraro »

Mine arrived Wednesday but I didn't have time to unpack it until last night. It's really nice! I can't wait to start using it this weekend and hope, if I have the 'walking issue', I can find a cure. More to come...
-Jeff

Advertisement
Marcje

#208: Post by Marcje »

The walking issue is not an issue, it is a feature!

linuxAndJavaScript

#209: Post by linuxAndJavaScript replying to Marcje »

lol! That is one way to look at it. It comes free with the grinder, no extra charge.

jtferraro

#210: Post by jtferraro »

So far I've been pleased with my new Atom Specialty 75. It looks great sitting next to my Rocket Appartamento and, as most of you know, it's super fast and very quiet! It took me a while to dial in the grind yesterday, and while it was on the more course settings, really sprays grinds everywhere. Fortunately, I cannot say the 'walking/surging' issue is really a problem for me - I barely notice it. I need to dial-in the double timed dosing and get used to utilizing that 'pause, shake, continue' feature.
-Jeff