Eureka Atom Specialty 75 ? - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
espressoking

#21: Post by espressoking »

RikC wrote:Owing an Atom myself I'll definitely will hop by the Eureka stand at the World of Coffee venue next week in Amsterdam (https://www.worldofcoffee.org/).

I'm betting they'll have a Specialty 75 there. I'll post some pics if they do.
And please step by at the Mahlkönig stand, they just announced a new espresso grinder recently:

Sorry for the non eureka specific question but I hope and guess that's interesting for others in this thread as well ... assuming we are all in search for a reasonably prices awesome grinder with mythos (or even better EK like) taste profile

RikC

#22: Post by RikC »

Hahaha, ok I'll see wat I can do espressoking :mrgreen:

Going there next Saturday! I'm also going by the Etzinger stand to look at the EtzMax

Advertisement
espressoking

#23: Post by espressoking replying to RikC »

And don't forget to have a brief look at the new Mahlkönig E65S ;-):
New Mahlkönig E65S grinder

Mesmer

#24: Post by Mesmer »

The E65S is nowhere near the price range of the Eureka. You also get smaller burrs for what it's worth.

RikC

#25: Post by RikC »

So, I visited the Eureka stand :)

Talked to the stand people.

They had a Specialty 65 that you could try out.

With something extra.

So, what is this? It's basicly a small bellow on top of the grinder which you can operate whilst grinding.

And yes, it nearly removes the retention. I measured 15,5g of beans in, 15,3g of coffee out.

It allows for single dosing and also cleaning excess coffee out of the chute. It will also be available to purchase seperately for those already owning an Atom. It will also available for the big hopper and thus also their other large grinders.

I wasn't able to test the Mahlkonig.

espressoking

#26: Post by espressoking »

Thanks a lot @RikC !
On to the Mahlkönig stand :lol:

I wish I could be there as well ...

Just saw this
I wasn't able to test the Mahlkonig.
Did you run out of time?

RikC

#27: Post by RikC »

Haha, no the Mahlkönig was just sitting pretty on a pillar for display. Nothing interactive at that stand sadly.

The stands differed quite a lot, some were quite formal, in this case Mahlkönig, others really invited you to come and try yourself and also enjoy a coffee, in this case Eureka.

Advertisement
MK2

#28: Post by MK2 »

After doing some research for upgrading my gear, I have focused on the Olympus 75e, but knowing the Atom 75 is supposed to come out I have been waiting.

Reaching out to both Clive and Seattle coffee gear, I got two different responses. Clive said they got a test unit and that the Atom 75 was grinding too fast for the chute, which caused some clogging. They are waiting for Eureka to correct the issue and they have not heard anything else.

SCG said for the 75 they are estimating September/October range, and for the new 65 August/September range.

Has anyone else heard anything?

walt_in_hawaii

#29: Post by walt_in_hawaii »

I LOVE dingle dosing. Really hard to find these days...
why did they name it BLOW UP if there is a bellows that PUSHES DOWN? I had a picture in my head of someone with a shop vac sucking everything through the hopper on top...

strikingmoose

#30: Post by strikingmoose »

MK2 wrote:After doing some research for upgrading my gear, I have focused on the Olympus 75e, but knowing the Atom 75 is supposed to come out I have been waiting.

Reaching out to both Clive and Seattle coffee gear, I got two different responses. Clive said they got a test unit and that the Atom 75 was grinding too fast for the chute, which caused some clogging. They are waiting for Eureka to correct the issue and they have not heard anything else.

SCG said for the 75 they are estimating September/October range, and for the new 65 August/September range.

Has anyone else heard anything?
Idrinkcoffee.com in canada last said they are waiting on their imminent delivery of both the 65 and 75 but that was mid July... I will email them again