Eureka Atom Specialty 75 ? - Page 13

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
autotrader

#121: Post by autotrader »

CarloM wrote:First: thank you all for an extremely helpful thread! I'm looking to single dose 2X a day (more on weekends) and will be moving up from a Mazzer Mini E type A. At first I was looking at the Niche Zero and Ceado E37S (esp the new/upcoming version with the worm gear). But the Niche is still a relatively new product and I like the "safety" of going with an established company (my own hang-up, I admit). And the new E37S will likely be at $1700 or more given Ceado's pricing.

At about $1100-$1200 imported with the blow up system and red speed burrs, I'm not super intrigued by the Atom Specialty 75. But I can't find any videos on it showing it in action (and subsequent grind quality). Does anyone have any (or would be willing to take some)? I'd love to see it in action, and also see how easy it is to program different times and change grind settings in the video.

Thanks again!
I'll take some later if I can. You're right, there is no videos online. It's an awesome grinder. Super fast! Doesn 18grams in 3 seconds flat, super quiet, fluffy grinders, stepless adjustments etc

I upgraded from a Mazzer Mini (ANd ECM Technika) and it's like night and day.

redbone (original poster)

#122: Post by redbone (original poster) »

Consider similar components and results with Eureka 75E. Feedback being that Atom 75 is quieter and has a smaller form factor.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

Advertisement
CarloM

#123: Post by CarloM »

autotrader wrote:I'll take some later if I can. You're right, there is no videos online. It's an awesome grinder. Super fast! Doesn 18grams in 3 seconds flat, super quiet, fluffy grinders, stepless adjustments etc

I upgraded from a Mazzer Mini (ANd ECM Technika) and it's like night and day.
Thanks autotrader! I'm also trying to figure out if the red speed burrs are worth the extra money. Do they increase grind quality? Durability won't be an issue because even normal burrs are rated for so many lbs I would not wear them out for many years if not decades. But if there's an in-cup difference then I'll absolutely spring for the red speed burrs. I'm finding it hard to get a definitive answer in the forums.

If it's just durability, I found a site that said normal steel 64mm burrs were good for between 650-750 lbs of coffee. I grind 2 lbs a month, so 24 lbs a year. So standard burrs would likely last me 30 years, which will in all likelihood be longer than the lifespan of the grinder.

autotrader

#124: Post by autotrader »

Uploaded a quick video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-u8WdhoBaY

No idea if the redspeed burrs are worth it but for the sake of $150 or what ever it was I said I may as well go for it and not be left wondering what if! They seem very quick anyway. People have debated the benefits, probably marginal

jtferraro

#125: Post by jtferraro »

I echo CarloM - this has been a great thread. I finally pulled the trigger 24+ hours ago and cannot wait! I'm upgrading from a Baratza Vario, so a considerable upgrade from 54 to 75mm burrs. I'll likely order the steel burrs for the Vario and use it for grinding drip/pour over and French Press and likely give my Baratza Encore to my sister, parents or sell it.

Thank you all,
-Jeff

CarloM

#126: Post by CarloM »

autotrader wrote:Uploaded a quick video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-u8WdhoBaY

No idea if the redspeed burrs are worth it but for the sake of $150 or what ever it was I said I may as well go for it and not be left wondering what if! They seem very quick anyway. People have debated the benefits, probably marginal
Thanks for the quick video! Yeah for a relatively low price I guess I might as well spring for the red speed burrs.

Jetgator

#127: Post by Jetgator »

What are the dimenions?

Advertisement
Marcje

#128: Post by Marcje »

Shot this one earlier...

CarloM

#129: Post by CarloM »

As I waited 20 seconds for my mazzer mini e to grind 18g I become more and more jealous of your videos! :D

CarloM

#130: Post by CarloM »

Marcje wrote:Shot this one earlier...

<video>
Did you end up buying the red speed burrs too?