Eureka Atom Specialty 75 ? - Page 12

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
ghostchili

Postby ghostchili » Feb 09, 2019, 11:36 am

I just ordered the Atom 75 in chrome Red Speed burrs from the Espresso coffee shop. With coupon $1160 shipped. The only
Issue is the 3 week wait.

ghostchili

Postby ghostchili » Feb 09, 2019, 12:10 pm

On a side note, I was looking at the La Marzocco Linea Mini Espresso Machine. $4900 here, $4000 from Espresso Coffee Shop after coupon and conversion from Euro. Tempting...

jtferraro

Postby jtferraro » Feb 09, 2019, 2:09 pm

ghostchili wrote:I just ordered the Atom 75 in chrome Red Speed burrs from the Espresso coffee shop. With coupon $1160 shipped. The only
Issue is the 3 week wait.

I'm thinking of going the same - Atom 75, chrome, 110v for USA, red speed burrs and clear blow hopper (did you go for it too?). I asked for a coupon code, days ago, but never received it and the stock one doesn't take.
-Jeff

ghostchili

Postby ghostchili » replying to jtferraro » Feb 09, 2019, 6:57 pm

I'll pm you my code. Yes I got all of the above minus the blow hopper as it will only fit under cabinet with 300g regular. I do a 1 second purge in the morning and don't single dose. Not sure why I would use it.

FYI my code from them was in my spam.

hha

Postby hha » Feb 13, 2019, 4:44 pm

Just ordered from Espresso coffee shop's website as well. Got the white one with the red speed burrs and clear blow hopper! Looking to pair this with my Profitec Pro 800. 4 weeks backordered though.. :cry: The wait begins!

autotrader

Postby autotrader » Feb 13, 2019, 11:10 pm

ghostchili wrote:On a side note, I was looking at the La Marzocco Linea Mini Espresso Machine. $4900 here, $4000 from Espresso Coffee Shop after coupon and conversion from Euro. Tempting...

Interesting! You'd probably have about $300 of import duty applicable as I had $70 due on the speciality 75.

The $600 saving sound nice but I got a lot of nice stuff 'free' thrown in for free from La Marzocco Home. Couldn't beat the customer service and the 'free' stuff was significant so I don't think that saving would be worth it given my experience with the the LM home guys in Seattle

Leicaman

Postby Leicaman » replying to autotrader » Feb 13, 2019, 11:32 pm

That is one very nice setup. Very jealous of that Linea Mini. I agree that it would probably be worth paying the extra 600 dollars in this case. If there were any problems with it, shipping it back to Italy would be very expensive. Here in Japan the Linea costs about 6750 usd at today's exchange rate. With such a huge saving to be had, I'd be tempted to order one from Italy if my rocket ever went belly up (fingers crossed it doesn't)

autotrader

Postby autotrader » replying to Leicaman » Feb 13, 2019, 11:35 pm

Thanks! I'm absolutely delighted with it. The LM just arrived on Monday. It has been a well worth while upgrade, very happy with both the LM and the Eureka

Leicaman

Postby Leicaman » replying to autotrader » Feb 13, 2019, 11:47 pm

What did you upgrade from?

CarloM

Postby CarloM » Feb 14, 2019, 1:50 pm

First: thank you all for an extremely helpful thread! I'm looking to single dose 2X a day (more on weekends) and will be moving up from a Mazzer Mini E type A. At first I was looking at the Niche Zero and Ceado E37S (esp the new/upcoming version with the worm gear). But the Niche is still a relatively new product and I like the "safety" of going with an established company (my own hang-up, I admit). And the new E37S will likely be at $1700 or more given Ceado's pricing.

At about $1100-$1200 imported with the blow up system and red speed burrs, I'm not super intrigued by the Atom Specialty 75. But I can't find any videos on it showing it in action (and subsequent grind quality). Does anyone have any (or would be willing to take some)? I'd love to see it in action, and also see how easy it is to program different times and change grind settings in the video.

Thanks again!