Eureka Atom Pro - Page 4

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
tarzan_monkeyman

#31: Post by tarzan_monkeyman »

jpetrow wrote:Would it be possible for you to take a picture of the burr?

It would be really intresting to compare the burr design to regular Atom 75s espresso burrs.

Rytopa

#32: Post by Rytopa »

Interesting burr design. It looks similar to the ek43 stock burrs,

La Marzocco · Home: customized for espresso aficionados
Sponsored by La Marzocco · Home
devlin2427

#33: Post by devlin2427 »

Is there any reason these won't fit in the regular Atom 75, or any other 75mm Eureka grinder?

truemagellen

#34: Post by truemagellen » replying to devlin2427 »

Probably not but the concern would be power and feeding the beans. The burr does not have a large inner area to pull the bean in. So the motor will need to have sufficient power to not stall.

Probably the reason why this grinder costs so much more on a 75mm burr set with no electronic features, it's the motor and the lower retention components.

truemagellen

#35: Post by truemagellen »

tarzan_monkeyman wrote:image

How is the portafilter holder

devlin2427

#36: Post by devlin2427 »

truemagellen wrote:Probably not but the concern would be power and feeding the beans. The burr does not have a large inner area to pull the bean in. So the motor will need to have sufficient power to not stall.

Probably the reason why this grinder costs so much more on a 75mm burr set with no electronic features, it's the motor and the lower retention components.
The Pro has the 920W motor while the Atom 75 and Olympus have the 800W, so I don't think that's an issue if you don't mess around with the grind settings with the grinder being off.

I'll just have to wait and see if they make the burrs available separately.

jpetrow

#37: Post by jpetrow »

That is beginning to look like the ultimate dream grinder combo for home use.

By getting both Eureka Atom 75 and Atom Pro you are essentially getting pretty much Mythos and EK43 in a matching home friendly package.

You could make traditional espresso on Atom 75 and EK43 style espresso on the Atom Pro. With the added bonus of Atom Pro doubling as a separate brew grinder, so no fussing with changing grind settings back and forth. Aaaaand you'd have both a single doser and a hopper fed for the convenience.

Versalab: maker and supplier of finest espresso equipment
Sponsored by Versalab
tarzan_monkeyman

#38: Post by tarzan_monkeyman »

truemagellen wrote:How is the portafilter holder
It doesn't really come with one, just the v60 holder and another designed to hold a grounds bin. I've been using the v60 holder with a knockoff lw shaker from Amazon that happens to match real well. If I try grind directly in the flair portafilter it kind of vibrates out of place.

truemagellen

#39: Post by truemagellen » replying to tarzan_monkeyman »

Thanks this is good information not available out there. The adjustment dial appears huge compared to other Eurekas which is a big improvement.

jpetrow

#40: Post by jpetrow »

tarzan_monkeyman wrote: image
The grind setting knob really looks different from other models.

Does it rotate freely like in other Atoms? i.e. are you able to adjust so fine that the burrs touch each other? Or is there a limiter/stopper as I came to understand from another post elsewhere.