New - Eureka Atom EX 75 Excellence info - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
level3ninja

#11: Post by level3ninja »

I would definitely not move the dial without the grinder running, unless I had just completely cleaned out the burr chamber.

buckersss
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by buckersss »

It would be interesting if you could see the burr gap indicator number, then shut the grinder off, spin the dial, and boot it up to see what the number came back as.

Assuming all is fine, it looks like a significant improvement over the atom 75. Definitely welcome if for no other reason than aesthetics.

One of my local shops had a clearance sale on the atom 75 a month or two ago. They no longer stock them, I expect they will soon stock this.

NewCoffeeGuy1

#13: Post by NewCoffeeGuy1 replying to buckersss »

That's great to hear as I'd like one sooner rather than later...

level3ninja

#14: Post by level3ninja »

Doesn't appear to have the setting indicator though

NewCoffeeGuy1

#15: Post by NewCoffeeGuy1 replying to level3ninja »

Hmm. But that other video you posted with the white machine had it, though clearly the screen and graphics are different than in the IG video. That'd be a bummer.

Better PF holder or grind step adjustment indicator - seems like one shouldn't have to choose.

level3ninja

#16: Post by level3ninja »

Everything about the screen white one in that video looked identical to the Lucca 75, it's just the PF holder that was different. I wonder if it's actually a Lucca 75 or not.

NewCoffeeGuy1

#17: Post by NewCoffeeGuy1 »

Ah interesting. Well I suppose maybe they're updating the Lucca with the new PF holder.

Like the look of the EX otherwise though.

buckersss
Supporter ♡

#18: Post by buckersss »

Don't quote me, better to contact Clive or eureka in the following regard. I thought the agreement between eureka and Clive was that eureka could only sell grinders with the same sensor found in the lucca, outside of the USA. I had previously asked Eureka about plans to release a grinder like the lucca in other markets last year. They either played dumb, or their CS were oblivious and out of sync with their product teams - because they didn't know what I was talking about at the time.

NewCoffeeGuy1

#19: Post by NewCoffeeGuy1 »

Interesting. I guess time will tell. I'd love to have a Lucca built off the EX so as to have my cake and eat it.

Maybe I'll ask this in the Lucca thread if no one responds here, but just how big a deal is that visual indicator? Is it a question of added precision as opposed to whatever markings are on the dial?

ETA: comments in the Lucca threads seem to indicate it's pretty helpful.

NotThatGuyAgain111

#20: Post by NotThatGuyAgain111 »

I'm most interested in chamber size between 75 and 65. Also not saying how many amps the 65 motor is pulling, just stating it will work with standard 13A. In my opinion mostly it is either 10, 16, 20 and 25. Which srandard is 13? But I think the 280W motor pulls only 2-2.5A of current. Weak in my opinion. The old one just needed a 100W more to be able to upgrade to 75 burrs. I would be really surprized if they didn't use same chamber on 75 and 65.