Eureka Atom 75 vs Monolith/LCU/EG-1

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
a_carkhuff

#1: Post by a_carkhuff »

Title pretty much says it all, Hoffman's recent reviews has me curious about the high end single dosers.

I have the atom 75 and was wondering if anyone in here has experience with both the Atom and one (or all) of the other high end single dose grinders that can say if there is any noticeable differences in the cup from the Atom.

Plinyyounger

#2: Post by Plinyyounger »

That Atom 75 is a great grinder.
Bought a Max, used a Max, then sold the Max. We are splitting hairs.

ECM Manufacture: @ecmespresso #weliveespresso
Sponsored by ECM Manufacture
a_carkhuff (original poster)

#3: Post by a_carkhuff (original poster) »

Totally agree, the 75 is pretty fantastic

zefkir

#4: Post by zefkir »

Look at the Arom Pro too, it comes with a different set of burrs compared to the Atom 75. There's a thread on that subject here.

#5: Post by a_carkhuff (original poster) »

Atom pro looks great too but I'm really looking for comparisons to the bigger burr single dosers

Jeff
Team HB

#6: Post by Jeff »

Considering that there are reported to be significant differences in the cup between burrs on the same grinder, even if the Atom's alignment is as good as some of the modern flats, the answer is that there will be a difference, if those reports are true. (I have no reason to believe that they are not.)

zefkir

#7: Post by zefkir »

a_carkhuff wrote:Atom pro looks great too but I'm really looking for comparisons to the bigger burr single dosers
I mean the Atom Pro that comes with the 75 mm burrs with a geometry reminiscent of the EK43 burrs. It's possibly more of a single dosing design than the regular Atom Specialty 75.

Were you thinking of the Brew Pro?

Baratza: skilled in the art of grinding
Sponsored by Baratza

#8: Post by a_carkhuff (original poster) »

No I know the one you're referring to. I considered it when I was in the market for the 75. It sounds like it's very good, but there's not a ton of info on it out there and if I'm honest if I'm going to "upgrade" from the 75 I'd rather pony up and get one of the "end-game" grinders so I know I'm not leaving anything on the table.

zefkir

#9: Post by zefkir » replying to a_carkhuff »

It might be worth it to try just the burr set then, it probably fits in your atom 75.

#10: Post by a_carkhuff (original poster) »

I'll look into it, thanks!