Eureka Atom 75 vs Monolith/LCU/EG-1 - Page 4

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
realbrotherjay
Supporter ♡

#31: Post by realbrotherjay »

Erik, thanks for that input! I want to make sure I understand correctly: you've had no issues running the grinder at a setting where the burrs are in contact with the grinder empty? Do you usually give it a hot start at that kind of setting, or load your beans and then grind?

erik82

#32: Post by erik82 »

I pour the beans in at the moment I turn on the grinder so kind of a hybrid method. Have a look at the video where you can clearly see what a difference it makes. And this takes only half of the play out of the threads away as I can go down to a full number lower. Just don't leave the grinder running empty for too long.

Aida Battle: Indigo Reserve from world renowned Finca Kilimanjaro in El Salvador
Sponsored by Aida Battle
a_carkhuff (original poster)

#33: Post by a_carkhuff (original poster) »

Thanks for the video, that's super helpful. I'll give that a try next time I go to pull a shot.

blackcats

#34: Post by blackcats »

Was curious if you had any other thoughts now you've had both for a while. I'm in the same dilemma.

BigBabyLatte

#35: Post by BigBabyLatte »

Same question

BigBabyLatte

#36: Post by BigBabyLatte »

Ttt

JavaKoffie

#37: Post by JavaKoffie »

I have the Atom 75 and now the Lagom P100. I'm no expert but no matter what I did the Atom produced an overly acidic flavor. I assumed it was my problem and maybe it is my problem. The P100 produces a very fluffy ground. So fluffy I went from 20 to 18g. I usually do 2:1 in 27 to 32 seconds. The acidity is gone or very faint. I know acidity is a natural flavor note. Especially with light/ medium roasts. Even when I mess up the recipe the flavor is amazing.

To summarize, the P100 using SSP 98mm HU burrs is light-years better than the Atom 75. I suspect the other highend grinders mentioned in the title will have similar results.