EtzMAX grinder, rotating outer burr weight/time based grinder - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
ira
Team HB

#21: Post by ira »

I find the comment about 250 Kg odd, if it's a shop grinder shouldn't it be more like 2500 or more. It seems like a busy shop might have to change burrs monthly if all they went was 250 g and that hopper is really small for a shop grinder. I wonder what is the actual target market.

Ira

RikC (original poster)

#22: Post by RikC (original poster) »

Some info on possible pricing from the German Kaffee-Netz forum: https://www.kaffee-netz.de/threads/etzm ... 534/page-7

Non-Weighing version: 1400 euro excluding sales tax --> Which would be around 1570 dollar with current exchange rates
Weighing version: 1700 euro excluding sales tax --> Around 1900 dollar

Stanic

#23: Post by Stanic »

ira wrote:I find the comment about 250 Kg odd, if it's a shop grinder shouldn't it be more like 2500 or more. .
Ira
Where was it stated that it's a shop grinder?

ira
Team HB

#24: Post by ira replying to Stanic »

I guess it wasn't. Just seems expensive enough that it needs to sell in quantity and maybe it has to be a shop grinder to make a profit. Maybe the home espresso market is looking for a that expensive and to my eyes, that ugly of an espresso grinder. And maybe I'm wrong and it will be as much of a leap forward as the Monoliths were and then it will be a steal.

Ira

orphanespresso
Sponsor

#25: Post by orphanespresso »

It is a Professional grinder intended for the Commercial environment - it's in one of the PDF's...somewhere on the site (can't remember where I saw it, so I asked Christian today to be sure).
-Barb

Séb

#26: Post by Séb »

ira wrote:I find the comment about 250 Kg odd, if it's a shop grinder shouldn't it be more like 2500 or more.
Ira
I think they never mentionned 250kg as the life expectancy of the burrs...instead they wrote:
"RING life-time test .. 250kg later..still going strong and ready for another 250".

ira
Team HB

#27: Post by ira »

Séb wrote:I think they never mentionned 250kg as the life expectancy of the burrs...instead they wrote:
"RING life-time test .. 250kg later..still going strong and ready for another 250".
I know what they wrote, but if I expected the life of something to be 30,000 Kg, I wouldn't proudly show burrs with 250 Kg through them because I'd assume people would interpret it incorrectly. As a consumer I also wonder why they bothered showing me something that doesn't matter, and makes me question the lifetime of their burrs.

Ira

aecletec

#28: Post by aecletec »

"Here we are at less than 1% of our products' life expectancy."
Ira makes a good point.

Stanic

#29: Post by Stanic »

Here we are after seasoning the burrs 8)

ira
Team HB

#30: Post by ira »

The fact that it's been looked at the wrong way means it was probably not well thought out. Doesn't really matter what it means. Advertising shouldn't create questions that make me wonder if the product is capable of doing what I need.

Ira