Elektra Nino Grinder - Page 19

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
wogaut

#181: Post by wogaut »

Thanks!

I think I'll get one of these for using it with the Nino, even if I have to sand down the base.

Where would I buy this hopper?

Wolfgang

Lockman

#182: Post by Lockman »

I think Ditting has the best deal according to Mark. They are interchangable. :)
LMWDP #226.

"It takes many victims to make a culinary masterpiece"

gyro

#183: Post by gyro »

Anyone who has taken this beast apart assessed how easy (or not) that it would be to add a 'pulse' grind function using the pf microswitch for the occasional little top ups? I miss that feature on the Mazzer-Es and it just seemed that would be a pretty cool way to implement it on the Nino... normal operation via buttons on the top, and a quick tap on the pf microswitch if so desired. Just emailed Elektra as a suggestion as well.

EricC
Supporter ♡

#184: Post by EricC »

Excellent idea Chris, that would be very handy indeed especially after a change of beans.

wogaut

#185: Post by wogaut »

I just got the Mahlkönig hopper, but other than was suggested I didn't have to sand down the bottom (except for removing a few plastic molding imperfections). However, the diameter of the interlock was about half a millimeter too wide so I had to sand that down. Now it works fine.

Wolfgang

networkcrasher

#186: Post by networkcrasher »

Too wide?

My goal was to bring the interlock channel lower in the throat, hence sanding the bottom of the hopper.

wogaut

#187: Post by wogaut »

Yep, I hear you. That's how I understood your earlier post.

That's why I was actually quite surprised to see that the short Mahlkönig hopper actually fit the depth of the stepless Nino (no idea if the stepped one has a shorter throat, but I assume you have the stepless anyways), but was too wide so I couldn't get the interlock into the throat at all without sanding the diameter. After that it fit without bottom shortening. More variability in the Mahlkönig hopper specs maybe?

W.

networkcrasher

#188: Post by networkcrasher »

Heh, now I'm following. You're talking about the entire diameter of the black part and not the channel that the tabs fit into when one rotates the hopper.

I by no means spent a lot of time diagnosing mine when I had it. Glad you got it to fit!

EricC
Supporter ♡

#189: Post by EricC »

wogaut wrote:but was too wide so I couldn't get the interlock into the throat at all without sanding the diameter. After that it fit without bottom shortening. More variability in the Mahlkönig hopper specs maybe?

W.

This is exactly what i had to do with the one i received.

Regards
Eric

gyro

#190: Post by gyro »

gyro wrote:Anyone who has taken this beast apart assessed how easy (or not) that it would be to add a 'pulse' grind function using the pf microswitch for the occasional little top ups? I miss that feature on the Mazzer-Es and it just seemed that would be a pretty cool way to implement it on the Nino... normal operation via buttons on the top, and a quick tap on the pf microswitch if so desired. Just emailed Elektra as a suggestion as well.
Got a nice email back from Federico Fregnan, Managing Director of Elektra, passing thanks for the suggestion. They are going to evaluate the possibility of implementing this modification and will get back to me. Hopefully something might come of it, it would be a nice addition to the grinder, particularly if its only a simple firmware change.