EG1

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Andrewp

#1: Post by Andrewp »

Hi guys..

Maybe this is well trodden ground but what the heck.. I've just climbed onto the Weber truck and ordered the EG1, in Onyx, or just plain black as that's what it is. I'm only using it when it arrives for espresso and have absolutely zero experience with V60 or pour over,in fact I don't even know what they are!
I was drawn to the Weber product by the build quality and fine tolerances they have. A friend here has sent has also convinced me that I'm on the right wagon as he's got one too and a Key inbound also.
It's ages away yet as exit times from the factory are around May..(deep sigh) Service from the chap I've been dealing with via the email machine has been great I must say.

All the best to everyone here and thanks for having me.

Chert

#2: Post by Chert »

Welcome to HB and the EG-1 waiting game. I continue to enjoy mine (from the first run) on a daily basis.
LMWDP #198

mborkow
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by mborkow »

Congrats on your purchase!
(What are you grinding with while you wait?)

Andrewp (original poster)

#4: Post by Andrewp (original poster) »

Hi Mathew..

I'm using an ECM Titan. To be totally honest I'm not really sure what I'm expecting to be different. The grind from the ECM is fantastic. Maybe ill be disappointed and 7k poorer!!

mborkow
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by mborkow »

I haven't read about any buyers remorse with the EG-1 :-)

#6: Post by Andrewp (original poster) »

Thank you.
I think I must have watched James Hoffman's review about a dozen times alone!

JB90068
Supporter ❤

#7: Post by JB90068 »

Andrewp wrote: Maybe ill be disappointed and 7k poorer!!
The visual upgrade will be worth every penny. :D I do hope you like it, otherwise you will hate me for helping you spend your money and I'm sure I won't be getting any more Christmas presents from you. :)
Old baristas never die. They just become over extracted.

#8: Post by Andrewp (original poster) »

Ha...You again..!
Well yes you've gotten me in a power of trouble with the war office!!
Have you any idea how hard it is to discuss the merits of buying "another" coffee grinder when presently there sits a perfectly good one on the bench that does exactly the same job as the newly proposed item will do....AND it costs twice as much as her car!
Flowers are only good for smallish patch ups...this one I think is going to take a little more...lol

JB90068
Supporter ❤

#9: Post by JB90068 »

I would suggest jewelry - lots of jewelry to bail you out of your self inflicted marital chaos. Don't ask how I know this will work. :D
Old baristas never die. They just become over extracted.

Mad Scientist

#10: Post by Mad Scientist »

You're doing it wrong. You need to have a 'secret' basement like Greg Scace has Videos of Greg Scace at home (and his La Marzocco Leva X)

Have you seen the part 2 video of his EG-1?
“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day