EG1 - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Crossen0

#21: Post by Crossen0 »

I hope if they're able to get the EG1 out May that production and shipping of the Key would also speed up.

Andrewp (original poster)

#22: Post by Andrewp (original poster) »

I must say the communication Ive had with them has been really good. I was told it was a mission at their end getting all the different components together...
Every day is a day closer I guess..

LuckyMark

#23: Post by LuckyMark »

Crossen0 wrote:I hope if they're able to get the EG1 out May that production and shipping of the Key would also speed up.
Are they made in the same factory? Communication I have had with them in the past implied the EG1 was made in their factory, much of what I have read recently from WW is that the day job of the factory which makes the Key is making bicycle parts. Makes sense they need a contracted factory with the volume of Key orders, would be a lot to ramp up on your own.

#24: Post by Andrewp (original poster) »

Hi team..

My EG1 finally arrived after a very long wait indeed!

These things are bloody HUGE! Ok I have plenty of room so it wasnt an issue but for anyone purchase one if these I strongly suggest you check if it will make it on your bench/counter as alot of you guys seem to have a very standardised height for kitchen cabinetry.

Beautifully packaged for the trip around the planet..It arrived in a box the size of a small island! No wonder the freight costs are crazy expensive but I dont blame Weber in any way for that.

So....Does it aid in the production of ''better coffee''....??
Well the answer to the above for me is a firm no. My ESM Titan did exactly the same job for way way less money. The Titan is a fantastic grinder in every way. Looks great and easy to adjust and creates wonderful fluffy ground coffee.
If there was a coffee snobs club I think I would have to admit myself and pay for a life membership and maybe even nominate myself to the board!!
The EG1 yells fantastic-ness in every way! If it was a car it would be a Chiron or some such hyper car..A purchase that could NEVER be justified!
Simply put it adds to the theatre of the morning ritual..everything about it screams quality and for that reason alone Im very pleased with my purchase!
The Synesso Hydra and the EG1 now sit together on the bench as a constant reminder how totally ridiculous a simple cup of coffee can be if you get caught up in this nonsense we all have been infected with.

All the best.

chipman

#25: Post by chipman »

At least nice coffee stuff isn't as expensive as nice bicycle stuff.

#26: Post by Andrewp (original poster) »

Hhmmmm.... well I've got 20ks of nice sitting on my bench. Silly money!!

erik82

#27: Post by erik82 »

Andrewp wrote:So....Does it aid in the production of ''better coffee''....??
Well the answer to the above for me is a firm no.
Not really something to take serious if you haven't seasoned the burrs yet with 20kg of coffee.

And the CORE burrs are just normal espresso burrs. Going from 64 to 80mm should be a step forward in terms of taste if your palette is good enough. But comparing seasoned 64mm burrs against 80mm unseasoned burrs is just unfair as unseasoned burrs lack any form of consistency which impacts taste.

PIXIllate
Supporter ♡

#28: Post by PIXIllate »

erik82 wrote:Not really something to take serious if you haven't seasoned the burrs yet with 20kg of coffee.
Agree. 20-25 lb minimum before I'd make any judgements about taste.

NelisB

#29: Post by NelisB »

20 kg = 44 lbs

chipman

#30: Post by chipman »

44lb seems a bit extreme for seasoning the burrs.