EG1 - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
chipman

#11: Post by chipman »

JB90068 wrote:I would suggest jewelry - lots of jewelry to bail you out of your self inflicted marital chaos. Don't ask how I know this will work. :D
If you have enough money to buy jewelry after purchasing your grinder, you obviously aren't spending enough on it.

Andrewp (original poster)

#12: Post by Andrewp (original poster) »

Well between the Synesso Hydra and the incoming EG1 I'm well broke that I promise you....lol

Advertisement
Dav

#13: Post by Dav »

Andrewp wrote:I've just climbed onto the Weber truck and ordered the EG1, in Onyx, or just plain black as that's what it is. I'm only using it when it arrives for espresso and have absolutely zero experience with V60 or pour over,in fact I don't even know what they are!
Are you sure you ordered the right thing? The website says the Onyx comes with Ultra burrs for pourover

Per the website on EG-1 ONYX:
the EG-1 ONYX ships together with our full-grain black leather tamping mat and a set of our ULTRA burrs by SSP.

Same page:
We also offer the ULTRA burrs for pour-over, and the BASE burrs for a bimodal grind characteristic more similar to a conical burr machine.

#14: Post by Andrewp (original poster) »

Hi there and thank you for the message..its appreciated

It comes with two sets of burrs. The fitted set are for espresso and Ive been told by a friend here who knows the machine very well that they are suited for my needs... If he's wrong I'll hunt him down and burn down his letter box!

Aardlek

#15: Post by Aardlek »

Whoo, I also ordered an EG-1. Hoping to get it shipped somewhere in March. Let the wait begin..

#16: Post by Andrewp (original poster) »

March... crikey I thought deliveries for the EG1 were not until May.
Bonus for you then!

ShotClock
Supporter ♡

#17: Post by ShotClock »

Also waiting on an EG-1, my understanding is that shipping would start in May.

Advertisement

#18: Post by Andrewp (original poster) »

March is definitely better than May...O well Ill just have to keeping grinding my beans between two stones until it arrives...

Aardlek

#19: Post by Aardlek »

Oops I meant May. The pre-orders are open surprisingly long btw.

#20: Post by Andrewp (original poster) »

I haven't been given a delivery date.. or even an appropriate date..bugger it. O well..