EG-1 new version - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
RNAV

#11: Post by RNAV »

Looks like an on-demand weight-dosing motorized conical (i.e. motorized HG-1) grinder to me.

jbentham

#12: Post by jbentham replying to RNAV »

there appears to be whole coffee beans in the device (looking through the viewing window thingy). pretty sure its a bean doser.

wug2grinder (original poster)

#13: Post by wug2grinder (original poster) »

jbentham wrote:there appears to be whole coffee beans in the device (looking through the viewing window thingy). pretty sure its a bean doser.
Yes it's a bean doser.
RNAV wrote:Looks like an on-demand weight-dosing motorized conical (i.e. motorized HG-1) grinder to me.
Sorry I should have put it next to hg-1 so you can know the scale, available in 1Q 2019.

HBchris

#14: Post by HBchris »

Are the burr sizes still 80mm? Are they SSP?

wug2grinder (original poster)

#15: Post by wug2grinder (original poster) replying to HBchris »

Still 80mm, not sure haven't asked but I think you will receive all these information very soon.

JackHK

#16: Post by JackHK replying to wug2grinder »

Thanks for sharing, Great news and nice pictures :D :D :D

Chert

#17: Post by Chert »

In the demo picture, the blind shaker is set on the ring with open space between the exit chute and the opening of the shaker.

I never tried mine like that. Won't that spew grinds like, well, like a whole lot?
LMWDP #198

erik82

#18: Post by erik82 »

I thought the same as I use it in the standard configuration. Looking at the top ring on mine it does always contain a bit of grounds. When you install it like on the picture you just need to make sure it's high enough so there isn't a lot of room left. You need to make sure you don't put it too high.

I stopped using RDT when the burrs where broken in but in this configuration you'll probabl need to do RDT.

vmpull

#19: Post by vmpull »

Any idea when this might be available?. I love my version 1 EG-1 however.

ShelbiRyan

#20: Post by ShelbiRyan »

Damn it......I absolutely love my EG1....but having some extra room on my counter would also be nice....what to do.... :?