Doserless conversion Mazzer Super Jolly - Will Mini funnel fit? - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
pumpkinscastle

#11: Post by pumpkinscastle » Oct 18, 2019, 8:12 pm

Got my doserless kit today from Daniel Wong. I am really impressed with the quality and the tight tolerances. This works extremely well in practice. I ground 25 grams for my Karlsbad brew, and the Giotto blower cleared out both the throat and the chute of the grinder completely. The spout is solely held in place by magnets but rests in a little groove of the back plate. It seals tightly all around as well.

I am so glad I didn't buy that Mazzer funnel! Saved me some money, too. And no more messy brushing of that narrow exit chute.

compaddict

#12: Post by compaddict » Nov 17, 2019, 1:10 pm

I have had this installed on my SJ for a month now without a static screen. Kind of nice that just enough static holds the fines!

Firedancer

#13: Post by Firedancer » Nov 18, 2019, 11:07 am

pumpkinscastle wrote:Got my doserless kit today from Daniel Wong. I am really impressed with the quality and the tight tolerances. This works extremely well in practice. I ground 25 grams for my Karlsbad brew, and the Giotto blower cleared out both the throat and the chute of the grinder completely. The spout is solely held in place by magnets but rests in a little groove of the back plate. It seals tightly all around as well.

I am so glad I didn't buy that Mazzer funnel! Saved me some money, too. And no more messy brushing of that narrow exit chute.

I love the small rocket-shaped blower. I've been using that for years for my camera.

redbone

#14: Post by redbone » Nov 18, 2019, 8:48 pm

Recently picked up this converted SJ. Disassembled and cleaned in and out. The back plate was held on with tape when purchased. I drilled and tapped short M3 black screws at bottom of each side of plate to hold on body. Added short mini hopper for home use.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549