Doserless conversion Mazzer Super Jolly - Will Mini funnel fit? - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
pumpkinscastle (original poster)

#11: Post by pumpkinscastle (original poster) »

Got my doserless kit today from Daniel Wong. I am really impressed with the quality and the tight tolerances. This works extremely well in practice. I ground 25 grams for my Karlsbad brew, and the Giotto blower cleared out both the throat and the chute of the grinder completely. The spout is solely held in place by magnets but rests in a little groove of the back plate. It seals tightly all around as well.

I am so glad I didn't buy that Mazzer funnel! Saved me some money, too. And no more messy brushing of that narrow exit chute.

compaddict

#12: Post by compaddict »

I have had this installed on my SJ for a month now without a static screen. Kind of nice that just enough static holds the fines!

Firedancer

#13: Post by Firedancer »

pumpkinscastle wrote:Got my doserless kit today from Daniel Wong. I am really impressed with the quality and the tight tolerances. This works extremely well in practice. I ground 25 grams for my Karlsbad brew, and the Giotto blower cleared out both the throat and the chute of the grinder completely. The spout is solely held in place by magnets but rests in a little groove of the back plate. It seals tightly all around as well.

I am so glad I didn't buy that Mazzer funnel! Saved me some money, too. And no more messy brushing of that narrow exit chute.

I love the small rocket-shaped blower. I've been using that for years for my camera.

redbone

#14: Post by redbone »

Recently picked up this converted SJ. Disassembled and cleaned in and out. The back plate was held on with tape when purchased. I drilled and tapped short M3 black screws at bottom of each side of plate to hold on body. Added short mini hopper for home use.

Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

Nonprophet

#15: Post by Nonprophet »

pumpkinscastle wrote:Got my doserless kit today from Daniel Wong. I am really impressed with the quality and the tight tolerances. This works extremely well in practice. I ground 25 grams for my Karlsbad brew, and the Giotto blower cleared out both the throat and the chute of the grinder completely. The spout is solely held in place by magnets but rests in a little groove of the back plate. It seals tightly all around as well.

I just ordered one of these--looking forward to getting it installed! Are you still happy with yours?
"Chop your own wood--it will warm you twice."

LMWDP #522

7aku

#16: Post by 7aku »

Hai guys , its very cool .
I'am looking for kit conversion , can you inform me , where can i buy this conversion kit .
Btw , i am newbie in this home barista forum .
And thank you guys .

Somedays

#17: Post by Somedays »

Hi,

I've been looking for a good solution for single dosing on my SJ for awhile. I received the Daniel Wong kit this week as a Christmas present from a family member thanks to this topic.

There was a bit of trouble getting the screw holes on the backing plate to align at first until I realized the stock grind chute gasket was too large and thick to get the fit right. I had to cut out a much smaller gasket from some thinner gasket material I had laying around. My Super Jolly is an older model and might have a different gasket cut out as the newer models, just something to keep in mind if someone gets this kit and you have alignment issues with the screw holes.

It works really well overall, much better than the plastic soda bottle I had been using for several years. I've been checking the grounds retention the last couple days and getting zero retention most of the time or .5 gram or less a couple times. There is less mess with the random grounds around the grinder also.

The magnets makes it easy to remove the spout to inspect/clean, I don't see much long term downside to this setup as long as the magnets hold up.

This was the last thing I was wanting to figure out for before I re-paint, replace power cord and install a new on/off switch on this old beat up grinder that still works very well.

Jayhov

#18: Post by Jayhov »

omg ive been wanting a doserless mod for so long... nothing has come close to this
this is absolutely perfect!!! i just ordered mine, cant wait!!