Do all 83mm burr sizes fit ?

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
jknotzke

#1: Post by jknotzke »

Hi

I have a Saeco Hercules aka Fiorenzato F6 which takes 83mm burrs.

I'm in Canada, and I can't seem to find any here locally. But, I can get a set of 83mm Mazzer burrs. Will they fit ?

Thanks

J

cdo

#2: Post by cdo replying to jknotzke »

I had similar questions, the answer is unfortunately no they do not all fit. I purchased a set of Mazzer T151a burrs (Major Burrs) for my F6 and found out that the sizing is not the same. I ended up making it work by sanding them slightly after a couple hours of work but it would be easier to just pay the bit extra and order Fiorenzato burrs.

The issue is with the brim edge on the Major burrs, it is a little too large so it won't sit nicely on the burr carrier

jknotzke (original poster)

#3: Post by jknotzke (original poster) »

Thanks for the reply.

I am going to check my local parts dealer and see if it has the F6 burrs.. It's the cost of the shipping from the States that kills me..

Where do you normally get your parts from BTW ?

Thanks again

J

jknotzke (original poster)

#4: Post by jknotzke (original poster) »

I ended up going down to my local parts shop and they had the burrs for the F6.. And nearly half the price of Espressoparts.com

But, the new burrs really didn't feel that much sharper then the ones I had.. And I have had that grinder for 10 years now.. Figure what, a lb a week of coffee ? I can easily get another 5+ years out of the current burrs.

The screws though on the upper carriage holding the burrs in were really tight.. Took an impact driver to get them off.

cdo

#5: Post by cdo »

jknotzke wrote:Thanks for the reply.

I am going to check my local parts dealer and see if it has the F6 burrs.. It's the cost of the shipping from the States that kills me..

Where do you normally get your parts from BTW ?

Thanks again

J
Whoops late reply, I kinda get them from anywhere, my mazzer burrs came from some seller on ebay that wanted something like $75 shipped to my door. And it sounds like you will probably be fine with your burrs, they should last for a few hundred pounds and using something like 50lbs a year means they can potentially last quite a long time.