Ditting 807 Lab Sweet user experience - Page 46

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
jb-0101

#451: Post by jb-0101 »

Did they look like that when you bought it? If not do you remember when you first noticed it? It does seem quite significant. Are you able to take a more close up photo?

TheodorAdorno

#452: Post by TheodorAdorno »

The grinder was bought brand new and (stupidly in retrospect) I did not check the burr condition, the damage was noticed upon conducting the first deep clean of the burrs.

There is no damage to the lower burr at all.

hopefully the additional photos below are slightly clearer.

best,

Paul.

maxmaut

#453: Post by maxmaut »

I have just posted this thread with my horror story with the burrs. Seems they are super sensitive to RDT. I wanted to post here but I thought it deserves it's own topic.

/grinders/r ... ,%231,-%3A

Maniax

#454: Post by Maniax »

Sprometheus just reviewed the 807 Lab Sweet, having used it for a few months.
Why does he find that it contains texture but muted the flavor including sweetness, which contradicts other reviews of the Lab Sweet burrs?

mborkow
Supporter ♡

#455: Post by mborkow »

Why anyone cares what Sprometheus thinks or says is the real question...

Jaroslav

#456: Post by Jaroslav replying to mborkow »

He's honest.
Jaroslav

NelisB

#457: Post by NelisB »

Maniax wrote:video

Sprometheus just reviewed the 807 Lab Sweet, having used it for a few months.
Why does he find that it contains texture but muted the flavor including sweetness, which contradicts other reviews of the Lab Sweet burrs?
It's relatively. I have an Ultra with both LS burrs as SSP 98HU. When I compare these two with a light roast coffee, the espresso ground with the LS burrs taste muted. But only very good roasted light (filter) roast coffee is suited for SSP HU. So most of the time I prefer to have the LS burrs installed because they are suited for more types of coffee.

gavijal

#458: Post by gavijal »

As it's seems mine came with bad engine alignment so my dealer sent it to factory. After it came back I finally grind espresso at espresso range (around 2,5-2,7 on a dial). Before it was at 1-1,50 at best (I putted dial in zero)

gavijal

#459: Post by gavijal »

Before they sent it to factory. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyTPsv6fENw

mreloc
Supporter ♡

#460: Post by mreloc »

mborkow wrote:Why anyone cares what Sprometheus thinks or says is the real question...
100% His monotone reviews are annoying and his statement about his doubt of the effectiveness of burr seasoning makes me question him in general. A big commercial grinder like this takes a year to settle in.